Chipper Wear and tare

telhol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A cunning disguise technique! If it dont look like a chipper, then it isnt one! (could tell ya but I'd have to kill ya!)Plus infr red beams, wheel clamp etc. I think it is also imperative to let as few people know the layout of your yard too. Surprising how innocently wandering about people can notice so much detail. If a member of your staff leaves, change all the security system, keys the lot, as a word in the pub soon gets around!

Be aware that the bad guys are very inventive in their methods any very daring in their style. I've heard off machines that have been HiAbed over fences, of wheel clamps that have been dealt with, chains that have been smashed and dragged out of mudholes. Removed at traffic lights, stolen whilst in use, immobilisers and tracking devices that have been overcome. I've even heard a story about a hijack.

The baddies tools can include freezing kits, battery powered grinders and the latest wheeze is to clamp their own ball hitch to your own covered one and drive off.

My own advice is forget datatag, try not to get it pinched, use a thick wire rope and a very big (expensive) lock and chain it to your truck daytime and through a hole cut on a sizable length of heavy RSJ laid underneath it. Wire rope is hard to cut with a grinder, impossible with a hacksaw, or pinch with croppers plus a freezing kit will not work. With a long length of RSJ laid underneath, the bad men cannot pick it up to store it in the back of their truck or machine and the noise and sparks as it is dragged down the street will attract attention.

Im executing the next person who trys then chipping them down my mates pig farm, if i catch them,sick of the sub human *****,what pisses me off more than any thing is you dont evan have the right to defend your property in this shitty country

i spoke to a police man about this and he said your ok defending your property unless they are running away................. im well armed and would use force to protect my gear, right or wrong i dont care.

I think keeping the blades sharp, changing the oil in the motor, keeping antifreeze in the cooling system, blowing the debris out of the radiator, keeping everything greased, letting the motor warm up and cool down, and not chipping too large a wood especially hard dry wood.

We just got a Timberwolf 125PH. We got two of the wheel clamps from Timberwolf and the hitch lock too. Was a lot of money but it got the insurance on it down. Its stored (or more importantly going to be stored when its delivered) in a giant metal container which is alarmed with sercurity company call out.

Its also chained to the floor and sides of the container with lifting chain. Its padlocked with fancy Panzer padlocks that are used for holding shop shutters down.