Dragging parked cars out of the DZ

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were working at a student block a few years back and had to pollard a lime with a car underneath. Couldn't find the owner. When we finished a student came out and said it had been dumped and was being towed the next day. A lesson learned I suppose.

ps once we'd found out we filled the boot up with non chippables as we'd no room left on the truck:-)

trees, waves and cakes!!:-)

Aslong as the area has Parking Permits for you guys then you have all the rights to get the car Moved by yourselves either using Skidders n a Jack / Get the annoyance Towed (Shouldnt be parking there anyway):thumbup1:

Technically using Shovels as Skidders are illegal to move vehicles as they are dangerous, can 'snap' and peoples backs are juddered, metal splinters fly, and the obvious .. pop the owners tyres.

There are some pretty Reliable and fairly priced Skidder Plates out there with Wheels (So much easier to move vehicles, especially Transit Vans, Trucks etc)

Edited by Drew87

@Stephen Blair

Didnt see this post .. How can you move a vehicle Properly?? I mean, if on a straight road .. But moving around obstacles, curbs, other parked cars etc.???

Another reason why use of Shovels is illegal and has been for years (as far as I know and same for my mate, the Tree Inspector Guy) He'd shut you guys down if he saw you still using shovels. (Old skool way, but Not effective / safe enough)

@Stephen Blair

Didnt see this post .. How can you move a vehicle Properly?? I mean, if on a straight road .. But moving around obstacles, curbs, other parked cars etc.???

Another reason why use of Shovels is illegal and has been for years (as far as I know and same for my mate, the Tree Inspector Guy) He'd shut you guys down if he saw you still using shovels. (Old skool way, but Not effective / safe enough)

In order for it to be illegal there would need to e a law prohibiting the activity. What law is that please?

personally i go get the tractor and shove em out the way with the loader......famous in the village now and at harvest the roads are clear now...

if the cars are on the highway legally, what gives you the right? I think there is a fine line between what is reasonable access, and what is done out of sheer pig headedness. Most jobs, where access was needed, we'd get the police to come out and cone off with official police cones it's then an offence to move the cones to park, and the cars can be officially removed, by the correct authorities. Taking the law into your own hands is asking for a world of trouble.