Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current financial crisis and millions of family's having to choose between food and heat i think this sort of thing will only increase not saying i agree with it but i feel it is inevitable.

I keep hearing about family's choosing between heating their homes or feeding their families but I bet they've all got the latest I phone and smoking 60 a day, half of them pinch for the sake of it.

I keep hearing about family's choosing between heating their homes or feeding their families but I bet they've all got the latest I phone and smoking 60 a day, half of them pinch for the sake of it.

Oh dear another one that believes all that they read in low grade newspapers and is unable to think for themselves. sad.

Early this year, a small woodland group and registered charity, had two years cuttings of seasoned timber, (30% of which was processed) stolen from one of its private coppiced woods. And the miscreant was a local narrowboat holiday hire company. Everybody in that area knows he, (the company owner) stole the timber. He even bragged about having so much, his 'friends' had four full boats.

Ah, but proving the stacked wood in his boatyard is stolen. None of it has 'property of' stamped on it. Two years of volunteer labour, two years of bringing back overgrown woodland to productive coppice. The only payment for the volunteers, was the promise of a share of the wood fuel. But now out of that woodland, there's no payment for the volunteers. And the thieving narrowboat company sells the wood at inflated prices to its clientele.

I feel I can't name and shame the thieving company, as I couldn't prove in a court of law, that his stash of booty was actually stolen. Though it actually is!

Terribly combustible, a boat yard full of seasoned logs. Just an observation of course.

trees, waves and cakes!!:-)

Oh dear another one that believes all that they read in low grade newspapers and is unable to think for themselves. sad.

for the record I can and do think for myself, and don't read any newspapers, all im saying is these scumbags can afford to run a vehicle and have non essential luxuries but instead of paying for firewood they go and pinch other peoples, that's ok in your book is it?

i,ve got to say this my friend/neighbour john was having his firewood stolen and sat watching one day all quite in his back garden and this is very true he watched his own nextdoor neighbour throw a dart with a string on into his logpile and spent about 5 mins doing this nicking his firewood before the thieving sod noticed john sat watching him they never spoke to each other ever again john told me if he had asked he would of give him some to but to steal is so wrong in my book

i,ve got to say this my friend/neighbour john was having his firewood stolen and sat watching one day all quite in his back garden and this is very true he watched his own nextdoor neighbour throw a dart with a string on into his logpile and spent about 5 mins doing this nicking his firewood before the thieving sod noticed john sat watching him they never spoke to each other ever again john told me if he had asked he would of give him some to but to steal is so wrong in my book

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The kind of people you are looking at there are not likely to be going out into the countryside and carrying wood round. My wife and I go walking and I'm not averse to picking up a dead branch and carrying it home to cut up for the fire. It grieves me to see what some on here throw up the chipper as I would definitely cut it up and season for burning if it was 3" or thereabouts upwards.