Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

people know that a house is owned, usualy by the owner, not everyone is sure if the tree is owned by a person, the council or is on public land. not all trees are owned

Of cause they are!!

So can I help myself to flags off the street and furniture from inside council buildings???:sneaky2: I think not!!!:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddy_t and woody3, I think you're both missing the point of my initial legitimate question, which is who has ownership of fallen trees on the verges of a public roads! I'm certainly not suggesting its ok taking horizontal wood from private land.

Who ever owns the verge or who ever owns the land where the tree came from, it's what I said!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The fact it is on a main road side verge, would suggest council ownership I would have though. Also the removal only of the part that was obstructing the road would suggest either:

1. a team will be sent out later to clear up the rest at some point

2. it is to be left there permanently to rot

3. it will be left there permanently, in the hope that a 'good citizen' will 'harvest' it for there own use

:

As far as I am concerned there is no number 3.

If you don't own the land and have no association with the tree, apart from a pair of greedy eyes, then it's not yours. Period.

Might sound harsh, but 3 tons of 3m logs was stolen overnight this time last year. Confused forwarder driver came and found me the next morning. On the verge, by the side of the road and ready for lifting, along with several other stacks. Bloomin' timber fairies.

Not any longer those who are higher earners (not sure of the figure, around £45k I think) are no longer entitled to Child Benefit.

Yes those on NMW may well be entitled to some benefits, but they will not be getting any where near the £500 cap and they are obviously not scroungers as they are working, it could be argued that its their employer who is being subsidised?

But unfortunately there is a quite a large sub culture of people who think we who work hard to pay our own way are mugs and that sitting home doing as you wish and just waiting for the "free money" from the state is the way to go, many are 4th generation, never worked, no intention of ever working.

I think Skyhuck you and others may learn something from the link below providing that your view of the experts opinion isn't clouded by the media/gov lies/spin!

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/archives/29364