Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

Just ask yourself one question. 'Is it mine?'. :001_smile:

The fact it is on a main road side verge, would suggest council ownership I would have though. Also the removal only of the part that was obstructing the road would suggest either:

1. a team will be sent out later to clear up the rest at some point

2. it is to be left there permanently to rot

3. it will be left there permanently, in the hope that a 'good citizen' will 'harvest' it for there own use

So I pose this question. Would its removal represent a saving to the taxpayer and a public good? :biggrin:

peatff, I am rather ashamed of that spelling mistake tbh. My excuse is that some of the grammar/spelling round year don't read too good no how :thumbup:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peatff, I am rather ashamed of that spelling mistake tbh. My excuse is that some of the grammar/spelling round year don't read too good no how :thumbup:

I was not sure if you lived near the seaside, that's all :confused1::lol: I don't mind anyone's spelling as long as they get the message across it's all good just having a bit of a grin to myself.:laugh1:

to that i'll say, "its english grown timber, well i'm english. bzzzzzz"

if people dont want it taken they could put up a sign saying privatly owned or better yet, "a camera is watching you"...

Why should they have to? Do you do that with your property and if not, would you object if somebody helped themself to it? :confused1:

The fact it is on a main road side verge, would suggest council ownership I would have though. Also the removal only of the part that was obstructing the road would suggest either:

3. it will be left there permanently, in the hope that a 'good citizen' will 'harvest' it for there own use

So I pose this question. Would its removal represent a saving to the taxpayer and a public good? :biggrin:

It's providing a habitat whilst it's lying there rotting, are you more important than nature? Have you got the authority to seize other people's property at a whim? Have you got permission off the owner to take firewood? If any of those questions yield the answer NO then it's not yours to take, and that should be how it should be looked at, unfortunately people look at it and go 'it's just a tree', not their land, not their property, then again, if your neighbour's tree is over hanging your garden and you decide to cut a branch off / one falls off, it's still their property and you have to give it back, unless they otherwise state so

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Warning to all woodland owners/managers.

I manage a small woodland in Sherwood Forest, mainly Sweet Chestnut.

Last year we felled some of the standards to make room for the new growth and open up the canopy. The timber was stack on the main ride with a view to mill up for post etc.

However, every Sunday morning for the last 3 weeks between daybreak and 10am someone has been coming into the woodland and helping themselves to the timber. They park outside the main gates walk in cut the timber up and walk out with it. We've heard from other woodland owners in the area who are having the same problem./

We think these people are doing the rounds on a Sunday morning before taking the wood to the Sunday market to sell.

HI MATE re stolen timber thats why i like large butts there harder to nick :001_rolleyes:thanks jon :thumbup:

Apart from the theft the most annoying thing is the blatant way in which these thieves work, no one questions you if your wearing a high vis jacket and carrying a chainsaw in the woodland, why would they!

Please be vigilant with your own timber stacks and don't let these scrum bags make from your hard work.

HI MATE re nicked timber that why i like large butts harder to nick thanks jon

We have a serious problem in Glenrothes with people helping themselves to windblown timber at the side of the road and in the local woods. The attitude seems to be if its horizontal its a freebie. It got that bad a couple of years ago that the police issued a press release after some big storms as there were dozens of people running around the town with their Aldi,/B&Q specials without any PPE or signs up etc. As a lot of it was hung up it was just a matter of time before someone was injured or worse. The only problem with the police press release was that it was about 8 weeks after the storm. The police actually did nick several people d for theft though.

:

nicking wood will get you nicked and hopefully kicked