New Zigzag, pics and info.

Mark_Skyland

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think ill stick to a lock jack and wait for a year at least to see if we have any more incidents. Always great to see new kit but with the failures, this is something the first few will be test piloting, regardless of the company's own controlled tests.

And it does look heavier than a lj ?. I personally cant see it performing better than a lj, tho im happy for someone to explain that has used one as i have not.

Oh I can see it performing better than a Lockjack and the weight is a non issue because it's being supported by the rope.

If I prefered climbing DdRT, I'd buy a ZZ immediately.:thumbup1:

However, I wonder how many Zigzag users don't use online forums and may still be unaware of the issue.

FR Jones phoned me about the recall. I would have hoped other dealers would make the same effort in the interests of their customers safety, not just leave it to chance that they might read it somewhere.

Roll on the ZZ2. Whilst I moved on to the HitchClimber and like its versatility, for me the Zigzag was streets ahead in climbing ease.

I use the mk1 every day, it's the best bit of kit out for a long time.

I noticed the crab side loading issue straight away before the recall, it make you wonder why petzl,s research and development team didn't.

I,d buy a mk2 any day, the zigzag is far better than any lock jack spider jack or any other previous mechanical friction knot. My lock jack is now resigned to the rescue kit

I use the mk1 every day, it's the best bit of kit out for a long time.

I noticed the crab side loading issue straight away before the recall, it make you wonder why petzl,s research and development team didn't.

I,d buy a mk2 any day, the zigzag is far better than any lock jack spider jack or any other previous mechanical friction knot. My lock jack is now resigned to the rescue kit

:dito::thumbup1:

SJH added.:thumbup1:

In regards to what's involved with a pre-order. All I need are some contact details so when the price and availabilityare e confirmed I can contact you, see if you still want the item, take payment(only when it is in stock and ready to go) and dispatch.

If there is a shortage as there was last time then it will be on a first come first serve basis. I will give people 5 working days to confirm if they want the zigzag and pay for it, if they don't it will be passed onto the next person on the list, unless they have pre paid then it will be kept back for them etc. Hopefully that is quite a fair way to do things.

Edited by Mark_Skyland

Pm's and emails all received and put on the list.:thumbup1:

In regards to returning the original zigzag, the official response is that there is no deadline as its PPE so it won't be a problem.:thumbup:

If anyone needs details on how to return the zigzag give me a shout and I'll point you the right direction.

Pm's and emails all received and put on the list.:thumbup1:

In regards to returning the original zigzag, the official response is that there is no deadline as its PPE so it won't be a problem.:thumbup:

If anyone needs details on how to return the zigzag give me a shout and I'll point you the right direction.

:thumbup: Nice one!! I will contact my supplier :thumbup1: