Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

looks very nice Steve! You going to put a thumb on it to grab wood using bucket... or you going to go for grab and rotator... handy to have 2 piped hydraulic lines!

Is that not a single spool ? flow and return

perhaps Stephen can confirm.

It's a nice bit of kit, even more tempted now.

Is that not a single spool ? flow and return

perhaps Stephen can confirm.

It's a nice bit of kit, even more tempted now.

Cat made a boo boo about those hydraulics, they assumed with so many pipes, buttons and pedals that it would be straight forward. Grab turns up,mthey plug it in, guess what, either 1 or other, not both!:sneaky2:

So I bought the grab under the assumption it would work, it didn't!

They honoured their mistake and are paying for a new hitch with built in diverse valve.

That machine has extra hydraulics fitted and the customer pulled out the deal, leaving them with a machine with £2k of extras!

It has variable flow as well with a roller button on side.

So I took it off their hands for usual price:biggrin:

I haven't even looked at the manual:001_rolleyes:

I can't see how with 5 pipes on the boom it isn't doing the job without this diverted valve.

All going to plan it will be 2 pedals for grab and rotate.

When I'm getting the grab fitted, I'll get my guy to Sus it out:laugh1:

Definitely better on joysticks BUT the switch the company make( not cat) they make is a horrendous looking thing that gets tie wrapped on!

Their pedal is nice, it sits forward. The Cat pedal is a bit close to the back, easy forward but back on the heel is awkward.:sneaky2:

I find on every new machine I get, I want to change loads, then after a couple of weeks, I get used to it.:001_rolleyes:

I think the machine has everything needed on the joysticks, as there is a rocker switch on 1 and button on the other .

The Cat guys didn't want to touch anything as it wasn't their Grab, which is fair enough and the fact they are paying nearly a grand for this extra stuff speaks volumes for their customer care:thumbup1:

Time will tell

Looking good there Stephen, the first scratch is the hardest!:biggrin:

Regarding your pipes and grab, basically you have a normal 'Hammer' circuit which will be full flow and free return to tank operated by the single button and the other should be a very nice double acting proportional circuit that is operated by the rocker type switch for two way control.

Unfortunately you require a second double acting circuit, because your grab is fixed type not free swinging where you would simply tap into the bucket ram pipework to provide the second double acting circuit.

I've had a quick look and there is actually a second double acting circuit option which is pretty trick on this size of machine which would be the perfect setup from CAT.

Failing that you have several other options including turning your hammer circuit into two way or even changing over the offset boom to provide the two way you require.

I'd look at the first option from CAT as it would be absolutely fantastic with the two double acting circuits on the sticks from the start.

The second circuit will most likely not be proportional, just two buttons and generally you would use this which will have less control for the rotate.

It'll be good to see how it goes, and she'll be capable of a fair bit of work in a shift especially with the grab.

Eddie.