Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

If you couldn't track and flail at the same time then I won't be buying 1.

Looks like you won't be getting one then Stephen!:biggrin:

You simply can't get the performance from an Excavator to do both, despite there being tweaks to the pumps etc that some will claim to be able to do.

A separate engine pack is really the only way this can be fully achieved, or having a much larger base excavator.

You'll never replicate a hedge cutter on a tractor setup and no need to? The technique is just different thats all, and perfectly effective flailing the area required and moving on.

I have no issues in a very wide range of applications and as soon as I touch the tracks it's virtually the same as turning the mower off.

Eddie.

If you are serious about using a 360 with a mulcher head you are better off fitting the extra pump either to the front of the engine or add a section to the original. To use one that has the mod is the difference between night and day, the bigger later machines have computerised flow control via a variable displacement pump so are not a problem. Below is our small seppi mulcher that has a variable displacement drive motor ( the small lever on top of the motor) which can be trimmed to suit the flow rates from one too three ton machines.

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=140707&stc=1&d=1384702893

5976671123d18_seppi001.jpg.4eb59184e11359480ebc9fc47f30f8d9.jpg

Cheers for the info, Eddie in mulching an area it wouldn't bother me I suppose but if I were to buy a flail I'd want to be able to do field hedges where tractors struggle to get into due to the weather.

Is that possible to do tho? Track whilst trimming a hedge. I think you'd need a third hand as you will need both feet to track, both hands to operate the boom- I suppose you just jam a stick in the auxiliary pedal to control the flail flow.

Have you considered an augertorque finger cutter for hedgetrimming?

Is that possible to do tho? Track whilst trimming a hedge. I think you'd need a third hand as you will need both feet to track, both hands to operate the boom- I suppose you just jam a stick in the auxiliary pedal to control the flail flow.

Have you considered an augertorque finger cutter for hedgetrimming?

yep easy big boots and cover both pedals

Yep I think you'd struggle to change direction too! Less control using your feet to track and I imagine when hedge trimming - precision tracking would be the key?

I'm lucky in that my mulching head is setup through the Engcon control system, it simply has an on/off detent button to power the mower and the Kubota has big enough pedals for full control of the tracking.

Interestingly I hope when I replace the machine to have the tracking moved up onto the levers besides remaining operational from the pedals.

This would work by having a roller in one lever that gives proportional control of forward/reverse travel, and a roller in the opposite lever will control left/right movement.

Such a setup should be ideal when mulching as I should be able to simply feather in the required bit of forward motion for the next cutting sweep without any need to touch the pedals.

The blade operation can also be included on a proportional roller within the levers which is a nice feature, with even steering on the wheeled excavators being included now.

It's perfectly possible to do a very tidy job of a hedge without the need to track along by working in small sections then moving on.

Eddie.

Ok, so if you decide to go down the mini digger with gab route for arb work. what cert of competence would you need to put your guys through to take it onto a commercial site?

what other legislation covers the use of mini diggers?

For forestry and arb work with a grab on the digger I had to get FMO1.1 and FMO1.2 tracked rigid and tracked slewing. Also after one year old I would have to have it LOLER inspected .

For forestry and arb work with a grab on the digger I had to get FMO1.1 and FMO1.2 tracked rigid and tracked slewing. Also after one year old I would have to have it LOLER inspected .

Then surely loler would apply to all harvesters, forwarders and tractor/trailer cranes and I've never heard of this....