Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

9 hours ago, Martin du Preez said:

What are we saying is a strong 2.7t machine atm? What’s got good flow and durability? Using a cat 302.7 atm, just wondering if there’s much better? Any thoughts?

Compare engine sizes and overall weights. Many manufacturers offer something around 2.5t with an engine not much bigger than a 1.9t. You want the one around 2.7-2.8t. Often a 'premium' model with twin aux and rollers on the joystick, which is essential for arb work with a grab IMHO.

Bobcat E27 (not E27z or Doosan DX27, both are zero and smaller engines)

Kubota KX30, not KX27

I think the new CAT models rate highly here too, and I know air con is standard which is a big leap forward.

The Eurocomach 2.7t machine has a fourth pump dedicated to the aux, so there's not much to touch that for flow rate (at a cost!) I've seen videos of it tracking and flailing a hedge, and doing a decent job of it too.

• Like 2

Had a go in the eurocomach which is now case thought it was very good but at a price defiantly a owner driver machine but loads of hydraulic power and option on three piece arm plus it’s not chinky unlike the CAT

Edited by dumper

3 minutes ago, dumper said:

Had a go in the eurocomach which is now case thought it was very good but at a price defiantly a owner driver machine but loads of hydraulic power and option on three piece arm plus it’s not chinky unlike the CAT

What size? Like the look 100TR but yet to have a go in one. 

Personally think if your into handling tasks you want to be looking at one of the few that still do proper counterweights, having spent last week on a zero tail Hitachi and now back on my own Takeuchi the difference is night and day. So that leaves Kubota kx030, Yanmar SV26, Bobcat E27, doubt any of them would be a bad choice tbh. The Takeuchi TB230 is a genuine 3 ton machine so a bit weighty really for towing.

27 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Personally think if your into handling tasks you want to be looking at one of the few that still do proper counterweights, having spent last week on a zero tail Hitachi and now back on my own Takeuchi the difference is night and day. So that leaves Kubota kx030, Yanmar SV26, Bobcat E27, doubt any of them would be a bad choice tbh. The Takeuchi TB230 is a genuine 3 ton machine so a bit weighty really for towing.

Got to be zero swing, working in domestic, woodlands or beside the roads. I would smash the digger up or anything else up around it or just wouldn’t have the space. Personally I’ve never had a problem with zero but I can see what the advantages of what a counter weight would be