Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

great little machine, but at 4.5tonnes, not easy for most of us to transport from site to site!

Yes absolutely, 4.5 tonne is a nightmare weight, as it's well out of a 7.5 tonner capability, and then you may as well make one around 6 tonne with a 90+hp engine that could run things like Mulchers?

Eddie.

Definitely not, I was just going past with that bucket on and wanted to take a picture.

If you spend five minutes with a small tooth bucket scraping off the soil, you should be able to clamp something of that size between the blade and bucket on a 1.5t without much trouble. Especially if you relieve some weight by chainsawing the clean portion off.

It's even easier with a ripper tooth on as you can hook it into the rootball, giving you a solid point of lift on the jib but with the weight back towards the machine. I really recommend a ripper if you do much stumping, the difference between the ripper and even the smallest digging bucket is night and day.

Clamping between the blade and jib probably doesn't do your running gear many favours, but for the odd stump the profit on that job outweighs that.

It's a hire digger so we won't be buying any attachments, but a ripper tooth will be on the list when I buy a digger. I haven't cut the stump off as it is full of steel bars. I have graded a ramp out the other side of the hole and plan to tow it up that with tha tractor, when I start to pull itt it will end up on its side and I will be able to scrape loads of mud off the bottom.