Phone call from l/a

Johny Walker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine but it would give a better impression of them wouldn't it if they concentrated on dangerous waste rather than the easy target organic stuff, which could be regarded more as recyclable by-product then waste anyway.

It does not matter if it is a pile of asbestos or leylandii that has been fly tipped it is still costly in time, money or both to remove it. Only yesterday we had two transit loads of woodchip tipped in a field gate by some kind sole. As usual it is the idiots giving everyone a bad name but it does need sorting out.

As usual it is the idiots giving everyone a bad name but it does need sorting out.

Licensing is not the way to stop flytipping imo, unless of course the monies went into putting hidden cameras on regular flytip spots, but we all know it will go into financing second homes for MP's and not where it is supposed to go.

There is a spot near me where flytipping happens daily, to me that is a prime "trapping" spot. They are just not bothered to be honest.

I have a flytip spot near me and when I move yard it will be right next to me, I am going to go to the expense of installing a dome camera on a tower, radio linked to my house cctv system.

I will serve to protect my assetts but also the coucil will be getting regular phone calls from me with reg numbers :001_smile:

The point here is why should joe public have to spend extra money to stop flytippng outside their property.

the man @ the council implied it was required for any waste ???

I was told this last year, i called them up and spoke to a woman who said that anything taken away from site was waste therefor needed a lience, i told her it was wood chip and tree timber and she said yes you do need one. There is a VOSA weighbridge about 5 miles from me and there always pulling people Some for weight issues but they always have tippers in ! For 50 quid a year i cannot be arsed with the hassle anyway to be honest.

It does not matter if it is a pile of asbestos or leylandii that has been fly tipped it is still costly in time, money or both to remove it. Only yesterday we had two transit loads of woodchip tipped in a field gate by some kind sole. As usual it is the idiots giving everyone a bad name but it does need sorting out.

That's a fair point but my thinking was more along the lines of if we're looking at the enforcement of regs isn't it better to concentrate finite resources on (blue) asbestos (for example) carrying and disposal than woodchip?

Your flytippers still need a kicking though; they're the berks starting the grief for others. I'm mindful of the fact that it was you who had to clear it up, not me.

I was told this last year, i called them up and spoke to a woman who said that anything taken away from site was waste therefor needed a lience.

It would depend on which office or which person you spoke to, if thousands of us are unsure then one lowly EA worker reading off a script on a computor screen with no capacity to read between the lines as no chance.

I have a printed off paragraph from the EA website in the cab of my landy with the relevant info on, I'm sure Skyhuck has done the same.

Like I have said previously, I'm quite willing to become a test case, I'm sick to the back teeth of being dumped on and taken advantage of :001_smile: