Left handers?

s.varty

If you've ever used a gun do you put the butt on your right or left shoulder? A left handed friend puts it on his left,which seems just not right to me

I have no preference (equally useless). It's the same with archery or catching a ball or picking my nose - often it's the side nearest to the activity that gets used.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've ever used a gun do you put the butt on your right or left shoulder? A left handed friend puts it on his left,which seems just not right to me

Beware when doing this. I once used a rifle when I was a air ( space ) cadet, and someone said don't do that. I was amazed to here that the people designed the rifle were moronic enough to design it only for right handed people. If I had fired it the spent casing would have flown out and burned the fook out of my face as that is where it would have gone. I never bothered with it again, and for all the right handed people there using them it just flew passed their face and on the floor. I can't shoot anything that needs aiming with my right eye, its no good for it..

If you are shooting from either shoulder with an opposing dominant eye it is a problem.

I'm massively right handed in everything, but can can left handed ok if I need to. I wouldn't like working the tip left handed though.

I am pretty much completely ambidextrous. Saw use in either hand has never been a problem. Never had a backhand over head smash in badminton when I was younger... Just two forehand smashes.

As for shooting, I should the gun/rifle on the left but am right eye dominant. When using the shotgun, I have to sight the bird as though I am using a rifle.

Can also shoot from the right shoulder with a rifle, but need a bipod or similar to lean on.