Bye bye iphone.....hello fairphone

David Bernstein

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... going to hard to prise the iphone out of my grip but this makes a lot of sense and hopefully will compel the big players to be more transparent with their sourcing and manufacturing , due a new phone so jumping ship

Cheers

Fairphone | A seriously cool smartphone. Putting social values first.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI DAVID it was nearly put the hammer to my iphone this what joke it is mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Why do some people assume that everyone is against exploitation, slave labour and unsustainable and immoral product sourcing?

I'm sticking with my iPhone, just can't decide between a dolphin-skin or rhino-horn case next time?

HI MARK me too mate ive just seen apple turn over mate :001_rolleyes:thanks jon :thumbup:

I've just decided to go sim only contract. Got a iPhone 4, theres no better tech in the new iPhone 5, nor any other smart phone that I feel the need to pay £30+p/m. New contract costs me £10p/m. Also don't get why people hate Apple for being on top of their game....

That phone looks brilliant. If I hadn't recently changed, I would definately go for one. Two sim cards aswell so I assume that they could be on different networks which would be great in a forestry environment where you quite often have no signal at all on vodafone.

I've just decided to go sim only contract. Got a iPhone 4, theres no better tech in the new iPhone 5, nor any other smart phone that I feel the need to pay £30+p/m. New contract costs me £10p/m. Also don't get why people hate Apple for being on top of their game....

Its the monoply they assume, Microsoft did it, Apple where the underdog. I bought a macbook in 2005 which Im typing on now, breath of fresh air good reliable kit.

Now they overcharge for their goods. We the consumer dont like being taken advantage of. Thankfully Im not inclined to have the latest gadget so it doesnt affect me.

Look at the value of a huge saw at less than £2000 precision engineered. compared to an electronic device made of mass produced cheap components that costs the same.

Its the monoply they assume, Microsoft did it, Apple where the underdog. I bought a macbook in 2005 which Im typing on now, breath of fresh air good reliable kit.

Now they overcharge for their goods. We the consumer dont like being taken advantage of. Thankfully Im not inclined to have the latest gadget so it doesnt affect me.

Look at the value of a huge saw at less than £2000 precision engineered. compared to an electronic device made of mass produced cheap components that costs the same.

Can companies overcharge, or do we just insist on overpaying? It is our choice after all.

£12 per month contract sim only on an an old iphone 4 btw.