Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

Work clever not hard... This lad still getting paid the same wether he runs or not... No doubt he aspires to be a climber, maybe dangle a carrot get him up a tree with you once a week might make him more enthusiastic! if he's new to the game his fitness will be no where near a day in day out worker so don't expect him to run(jog) before he can walk! I highly doubt you popped straight out of puberty to running back an forth with handfuls of brash give the lad a break we all start somewhere!!... Or he might be pants in which case go find a better one:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work clever not hard... This lad still getting paid the same wether he runs or not... No doubt he aspires to be a climber, maybe dangle a carrot get him up a tree with you once a week might make him more enthusiastic! if he's new to the game his fitness will be no where near a day in day out worker so don't expect him to run(jog) before he can walk! I highly doubt you popped straight out of puberty to running back an forth with handfuls of brash give the lad a break we all start somewhere!!... Or he might be pants in which case go find a better one:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I dunno it sounds like horatio just started great and has keep that standard up

Sent using My c

This is exactly my point, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries there is and you lot are worried about a gentle jog back from the chipper.

Christ, seems like I am the only one who wants to get on.

A brisk jog back shows me that they are wanting to get to get on in this business and they are keen to impress.

A young lad should have energy to burn. I am in my 30's and when I lend a hand to my mates business I work my butt off.

Guess you either got it or you haven't.

I assure you you're not the only one who wants to get on.

How is someone running around meaning they get it? I'd rather they asked questions, worked safely got all the proper techniques down than ran around. Techniques first and speed will come with practice. A days work is a marathon not a sprint All the accidents i've had are because of rushing.

Propping up a rake, sitting on facebook all day all big no nos and i and everyone on here would say their all unacceptable.

I honestly don't know how any company keeps in profit without the staff jogging on the ground.

It's got to save at least 5 minutes on a days work.

Well Alex maybe it not just the time saved from chipping up its making the working area clearer and safer.

I don't wanna have to keep waiting for the drop zone to be cleanish from brash.

I don't want to have a massive tangled mess to greet me when I come down either. So clear the $h!t quicker and then everyone's happy.

This is exactly my point, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries there is and you lot are worried about a gentle jog back from the chipper.

Christ, seems like I am the only one who wants to get on.

A brisk jog back shows me that they are wanting to get to get on in this business and they are keen to impress.

A young lad should have energy to burn. I am in my 30's and when I lend a hand to my mates business I work my butt off.

Guess you either got it or you haven't.

HERE HERE!

I TOTALY AGREE; i have lads help me , and they will stand with phones, stand and yawn, sit down if you let them, and most of them couldnt see a job if it landed on top of them,

the amount of times you can tell them what to do, leave them two minutes and thell be standing behind you looking lost

i know a man in his late 70s still laying concrete, and he will tell you to run , and if you go for something to eat he"ll tell you not to sit to long ,

some off these lad wouldnt last a day

I assure you you're not the only one who wants to get on.

How is someone running around meaning they get it? I'd rather they asked questions, worked safely got all the proper techniques down than ran around. Techniques first and speed will come with practice. A days work is a marathon not a sprint All the accidents i've had are because of rushing.

Propping up a rake, sitting on facebook all day all big no nos and i and everyone on here would say their all unacceptable.

Why is it one or the other?

You need one of these;

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60709

Then they won't have to run, will have more energy at the end of the week, they'll shift the brash of 3 men and we (certainly I) won't be thinking your ideals are somewhat unreasonable.

Good employers get good staff.

In response to the question, it's physical work but not hard. If you want hard cut soft wood, 7 different products, stack! All on tonnage, on a mountain.