HI ALL and new to the bussiness

philip2011

Hi all my name is Philip and I am new to arboriculture I am currently doing my training at TKF training in holmefirth and i have to say that Tim kirk is one class person

the qualification i am aiming for and all ready have are as follows

wood chipper

brush cutter

basic chain saw maintenance and cross cutting felling trees up to 200mm

felling and cross cut up to 380mm

felling and cross cut over 380mm

acessing tree using rope and harness and Arial rescue

my plans are to go self employed as landscape gardener/tree surgeon

my biggest worry is how to go about getting a wood chipper i have the qualification can any one please help me from their own experiences and how they have best gone about it as it is one piece of expensive kit as i am sure you all on hear are aware

i look forward to your replies and look forward to using this forum more and more often cheers phil :001_smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i have thought about getting a loan to cover it but then i would be putting my business into a massive amount of debt before it has even got off the ground i have also come up with the idea or pricing it up for hire for the day and put that into the customers quote so that in effect the customer pays for it until i have the funds to pay for one out right

Not every job will require a chipper, find a decent place that hires them out and just pit ghat cost straight on to the total bill, till uve got enough to buy bud👍

You're new to arb and want to run your own show?

You need experience mate, pure and simple.

I'm not being negative, I'm just stating a fact.

Both these posts are good advice

You're new to arb and want to run your own show?

You need experience mate, pure and simple.

I'm not being negative, I'm just stating a fact.

What he said

There are 2 ways of doing kit and plant, you can pay little, buy used and be good with spanners, be prepared to fettle it yourself.

Or

You can pay more and get (hopefully) the reliability but it will cost you more to buy and finance.