Bigger arb trucks

Horatio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trucks only come in two sizes, to big and to small.

A couple of smaller trucks can work out well. Tipping trailer behind one and a chipper behind the other and you have some real capacity and flexibilty, especially if your hauling wood and mulch.

Rule of thumb for truck size for me is that if your needing to dump more than once a day, once a week, it might be time to look at increasing your capacity, but these may not be needed if your turn around to dump is less than an hour.

I run an Iveco 4x4 pulling a Vermeer 230, also I have an Ifor Williams tipping trailer 3500kg but my mk5 hilux struggles when its loaded, yes i can tow the tipping trailer with the Iveco and put the chipper on the hilux but the Vermeer is 2100kg so the hilux will still struggle a little......

I think im gona be on the look out for something with more grunt! Options please...

A u1650 with front chipper, underbody winch and remote hiab on the rear, is perfect for everything!!!

Fact !!!:)

No no Iveco 4x4 and BC230 id the ultimate arb rig..............in my opinion

No comparison, IMO.

The mog could be towing a 13.5 tonne trailer, so you could take home around 10tonne of logs and chip. The timber all being loaded by hiab.

With the Iveco you can carry a few tonnes of chip and nothing more, any timber has to be hand balled, far from "ultimate" IMO.

This is all based on my work, Iveco 4x4 and Vermeer 230 IS the ultimate Arb Rig....., for my work, I've used Mogs, Ive used a whole lot if kit and decided on what I have based on where I work and what kind of work I do.l

As for removing timber in large amounts I use my JCB loader with grain trailer.....perfect! Job done!

There's no truck that will suit every tree job, little truck allways full but gets in to all jobs, big truck never full apart from the odd time and you can never get near jobs drive ways to small and they take up more room parked on highway. If there was the prefect truck we would all be driving around in them.