delivery trailers????

RDB logs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm considering buying a dmax. I appreciate id have to have a taco for delivering with a trailer etc. But once its fitted do you need to use it all the time even in domestic use or only when your over said weight.

Its complicated. If you use vehicle with a trailer I think you have to use tacho all that week. but how you diffentiate leisure and work I dont know. The probably expect you to be be stinking rich and have a separate car for popping down to pub or shop:thumbdown:

I never use a tacho in light goods vehicle yet as I seldom pull a trailer.

So I'm considering buying a dmax. I appreciate id have to have a taco for delivering with a trailer etc. But once its fitted do you need to use it all the time even in domestic use or only when your over said weight.

A dmax with 2 bags and small trailer should not weigh over 3.5 tonne so you should not need a tacho. Most double cabs weigh about 1700kg mt

So say I delivered logs on a Monday, then Tuesday went on holiday which entailed a 4 hour drive, I would have tovrun the taxi and abide by stopping times etc. Seems daft.

As I understand it no. You adbide by drivers hours when needing to use the Tacho, ie when pulling a trailer for hire reward.

When I am not doing that, so using just the Landrover alone on business or doing private miles then no disc is needed.

A

You do.

If you had a say BMW 5 series saloon and pulled a trailer for hire and reward with a total train weight fully loaded to the trailers capacity of over 3.5 tons including the BMW you are in Tacho territory. Ironically this was exactly the scenario that the Police used when explaining the regs to me.

A

Another good reason for using a 3 Series Touring, as I do for the long-haul jobs. 1580kg, plus 25kg because I'm fatter than BMW's standard driver spec, plus max 1800kg on the towbar = 3405kg train weight at the absolute max.

Another good reason for using a 3 Series Touring, as I do for the long-haul jobs. 1580kg, plus 25kg because I'm fatter than BMW's standard driver spec, plus max 1800kg on the towbar = 3405kg train weight at the absolute max.

What make and model trailer are you using, delivering 2 cube at a time will weigh 900/1000 kg, + trailer.

So trailer U/L weight would need to be about 800kg which is a lot for a single axle trailer, with a weight capacity of 1.8t all up.

A

We run an old 308d Sprinter van for deliverys, As we are so busy we need another delivery vehicle, so i decided to build a trailer that will take 6 dumpy bags on the deck, we have an old Rice horsebox chassis that we had retired, so last Friday started building a trailer to go behind one of our landrovers, there are a few bits of steel still to weld in, then shot blasted and painted, wired up, going to go with led lights and fit ally chequer plate deck. Going to make lockers under the deck for the spare wheel, straps ect.

Photo0086.jpg.e958e0fe87d4f53a2be78d1fa6cd46f4.jpg

Photo0085.jpg.3756e9b3c25b830bd3d416ac29e669a0.jpg

Photo0084.jpg.bc8a6c6d5838b53961792d4ba7bdec8c.jpg

I have a 320d touring heavy little beast for a smallish car. Wondered what they were like for towing.

We run an old 308d Sprinter van for deliverys, As we are so busy we need another delivery vehicle, so i decided to build a trailer that will take 6 dumpy bags on the deck, we have an old Rice horsebox chassis that we had retired, so last Friday started building a trailer to go behind one of our landrovers, there are a few bits of steel still to weld in, then shot blasted and painted, wired up, going to go with led lights and fit ally chequer plate deck. Going to make lockers under the deck for the spare wheel, straps ect.

Men in sheds rule the world:) Brilliant idea with the storage lockers under the bed. Why dont the trailer manufacturers push the boat out and include stuff like this?

Bob