how much would you charge?

matt99

I can't seem to upload a pic off my tablet so here is a link View image: IMG 20130905 134419 how much would you charge and any ideas on volume I've taken a load on weighbridge it was mainly all seasoned ash it went 760kg general load is 75% hardwood 25% pine and conifer. Plus how much would you charge for just hardwood oak ash beech

Thanks matt

Hi chap, I see your pretty close to me.. local estate does seasoned hardwood for £75 a m3 inc delivery (I think prices between me and you are within a fiver from the larger estates)

I charge 75 for a dumpy bag of seasoned hardwood to my customers (about .7 of a meter)

From memory my old pickup loaded like that would be about a bag and 3 quarters..

north pickenham estate were doing softwood at £65 a meter last year I believe..

be better taking the softwood out and selling separate imo.. 75 for a dumpy of hardwood and 65 for soft

hope it helps :001_smile:

Edited by Boy English

Hi chap, I see your pretty close to me.. local estate does seasoned hardwood for £75 a m3 inc delivery (I think prices between me and you are within a fiver from the larger estates)

I charge 75 for a dumpy bag of seasoned hardwood to my customers (about .7 of a meter)

From memory my old pickup loaded like that would be about a bag and 3 quarters..

north pickenham estate were doing softwood at £65 a meter last year I believe..

be better taking the softwood out and selling separate imo.. 75 for a dumpy of hardwood and 65 for soft

hope it helps :001_smile:

Way to go boys, thats 130 and 150 a cubic meter assuming your dumpy bags are half a cube.

A

Sorry but something does not add up in this thread.

Your load weighed 760 kg

I recently went over a weigh bridge with a carefully measured 2m3 of mixed hardwood logs. They were below 20% and came in at 640 kg. So either your load is over 2m3 or the wood is not that dry. I would hazard a guess that your load is 2m3 and a bit wet. I would have thought even part seasoned logs should fetch more than £100 pound for your 2m3 load. If they are dry then your load is more like 2.3 m3 so if the local estate is selling for £65 per m3 you should be asking between £130-£150 minimum.