William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure which side to believe, what I will say is that something doesn't add up. Assad knows using chemical weapons will bring the west in, so why use them? He knows as does any military or ex military they wont win him the war. Lastly should the west use force they wont have boots on the ground, they will use air supremacy. Troops cannot be deployed on the ground in Syria in the current climate. Special forces and intelligence agents in an operative role as advisory only.

There's no place in this world for individual governments to impose their version of democracy/decency/acceptable behaviour (add whatever description you like) on any other government/nation state/dictatorship (add whatever description you like)

That unenviable task falls to the UN. We all pay (except the US who are still massively in arrears) a disproportionate amount of GDP to fund the continuance of the UN (and the Eurovision Song Contest - which coincidentally is equally as pathetic and pointless it would seem as the UN)

It's the UN's job to arbitrate/mediate/moderate unruly global behaviour, step up Harvey Moon and all your fat salaried clingons, step out of your swanky NY deli and get to work or pack it up and save us the money that provides your meal ticket.

PS Haig & Cameron, you've got your own jobs to get on with supposedly running THIS country, leave Harvey Moon and his oppos to do their job and focus on something in the UK.

Here endeth the rant!

In any conflict the first two casualties are "the truth" and the "innocent non-combatants" caught in the crossfire or victims of collateral damage!

I have'nt lost tooo much sleep, I'll be honest, about people of a certain religous persuasion running around offing their neighbours & bretheren of the same religous persuasion in the confines of their own country. (Though it does much to reinforce my own personal sanctimonious beliefs as why there is no such thing as god). Nor do I much care about anecdotal heresay and finger pointing about who started it and who did what to whom.

But I am greatly concerened that ours and other western governments are now seriously considering wasting more of our unaffordable and precious blood and treasure sticking our oar into another unwinnable situation. If recent history had taught us anything we should have learnt by now that our actions and motives will only enflame an already troubled region of the world and would present another reason for the more extremist members of the aforeimplied religous group to hate us even more, (if thats possible).

In our wake we will only leave behind yet another shattered basket case country, riven with internal conflict and turmoil alongside Iraq; Libya and Afghanistan (which, already teetering on the edge will probaly fall apart in less than 6 mnths after the last NATO troops leave next year. So by christmas then!)

Maybe its high time, and perhaps long overdue, that we force some of the oil rich states in the region to step up and expend their blood on treasure on dealing with situation in another out of control country which shares the same religion. I'm sure another Saladin would be preferable to another Crusade.

Unless...... of course....... they decide to turn around and retake Jerusalem. But maybe that could be next years world crisis.

We should'nt get involved, it not our bloody problem. Its about time the bloody arabs sorted out their own problems.

In any conflict the first two casualties are "the truth" and the "innocent non-combatants" caught in the crossfire or victims of collateral damage!

I have'nt lost tooo much sleep, I'll be honest, about people of a certain religous persuasion running around offing their neighbours & bretheren of the same religous persuasion in the confines of their own country. (Though it does much to reinforce my own personal sanctimonious beliefs as why there is no such thing as god). Nor do I much care about anecdotal heresay and finger pointing about who started it and who did what to whom.

But I am greatly concerened that ours and other western governments are now seriously considering wasting more of our unaffordable and precious blood and treasure sticking our oar into another unwinnable situation. If recent history had taught us anything we should have learnt by now that our actions and motives will only enflame an already troubled region of the world and would present another reason for the more extremist members of the aforeimplied religous group to hate us even more, (if thats possible).

In our wake we will only leave behind yet another shattered basket case country, riven with internal conflict and turmoil alongside Iraq; Libya and Afghanistan (which, already teetering on the edge will probaly fall apart in less than 6 mnths after the last NATO troops leave next year. So by christmas then!)

Maybe its high time, and perhaps long overdue, that we force some of the oil rich states in the region to step up and expend their blood on treasure on dealing with situation in another out of control country which shares the same religion. I'm sure another Saladin would be preferable to another Crusade.

Unless...... of course....... they decide to turn around and retake Jerusalem. But maybe that could be next years world crisis.

We should'nt get involved, it not our bloody problem. Its about time the bloody arabs sorted out their own problems.

Well! That's fecked that conversation!

Well put that man!:thumbup1:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

I remember the heartache of the guys, certainly the Dutch, in the UN mission during the Yugoslavia conflict. Held back by the rules of the UN whilst atrocities were performed.

The UN is a toothless old lion, hamstrung by those within it with their own political agendas.

So who steps up to the plate? And who amongst us condones the slaughter of innocents? Not Muslim, not Christian, but human beings.

I have spent many, many hours of my life circling over Baghdad, Basra, Helmand. Looking down on these poor people scratching an existence out in such poor conditions. Wanting to live a peaceful life.

If only their worst fear was a tree that threatened to knock over their garden wall, or block out their light.

Sometimes the help can't be just handing out food and bandages, but wielding a big fist.