Worcester Boiler

TGB

Ok. This is way off topic.

I've been offered a Worcester Bosch 537i combi boiler, (with remote timer) plus a MagnaClean unit and 12x assorted rads; all with thermostatic valves including fittings for £250 all in.

The boiler is 5yrs. old, some of the rads are older but the boiler & system have been serviced every year. The 1 or 2 rads that I'd be using are 3yrs. old. (I'd then either sell or scrap the others.)

None of my present 11x rads have thermostatic valves and so I'd be converting all to thermostatic units. The MagnaClean would also be an addition to the present system. Which comprises a Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler with 11x assorted rads. The boiler is in working order and is approx. 20yrs. old. The 1 or 2 rads to be replaced are both 50yrs. old approx.

I know I'd have to get the conversion done by a registered engineer. This is not a problem. I also have a friend who'll help me relocate the purchase for a few pints.

So, is the Worcester Bosch 537i, etc. worth the £250?

Edited by TGB

I have just had a Worcester Bosch boiler fitted along with Magna clean, it has a 7 year guarantee so that's a good sign. The boiler we got rid of was a glow worm and was 7 years old, we had loads of problems with it in that time and when it leaked all over the attic out plumber recommended to replace rather than repair as the repair was gonna be around £600. Everybody I have talked to recommends Worcester boilers so I think for the price you would be getting a good deal.

Sent from Outerspace.

Ok. This is way off topic.

I've been offered a Worcester Bosch 537i combi boiler, (with remote timer) plus a MagnaClean unit and 12x assorted rads; all with thermostatic valves including fittings for £250 all in.

The boiler is 5yrs. old, some of the rads are older but the boiler & system have been serviced every year. The 1 or 2 rads that I'd be using are 3yrs. old. (I'd then either sell or scrap the others.)

None of my present 11x rads have thermostatic valves and so I'd be converting all to thermostatic units. The MagnaClean would also be an addition to the present system. Which comprises a Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler with 11x assorted rads. The boiler is in working order and is approx. 20yrs. old. The 1 or 2 rads to be replaced are both 50yrs. old approx.

I know I'd have to get the conversion done by a registered engineer. This is not a problem. I also have a friend who'll help me relocate the purchase for a few pints.

So, is the Worcester Bosch 537i, etc. worth the £250?

All that for £250? Bargain.

Fiancees dad is a plumber and fits either Worcester or baxi boilers. He also fits magna-clean filters when he fits new boilers. When I gave him a hand last year, we were flushing out some rads but they were only a few years old and were going straight back on but the customer wanted us to put in some rads that were the same age but had been stood around in the garage. Fiancees dad said it would be cheaper to buy new rads as he would be coming back in three months time to fit new rads after these had leaked all over.

I have just had a Worcester Bosch boiler fitted along with Magna clean, it has a 7 year guarantee so that's a good sign. The boiler we got rid of was a glow worm and was 7 years old, we had loads of problems with it in that time and when it leaked all over the attic out plumber recommended to replace rather than repair as the repair was gonna be around £600. Everybody I have talked to recommends Worcester boilers so I think for the price you would be getting a good deal.

Sent from Outerspace.

HI HODGE worcester bosch are the best mate we have one here thanks jon :thumbup: