For those who mistake double z with "d"

RobArb

Yes, i cannot, unfortunately bite my tongue no longer...:lol:

Is it that hard to use a spell checker??:confused1::001_tongue:

When typing a word in the little white box, if its wrong (check below) a little squiggly red line will appear underneath any incorrectly spelt word. Right click the mouse and list of correctly spelt words pops up. If it doesn't, check the option that states "spell checker".

It's not hard, it doesn't take 5 minutes, it won't bite! In my opinion, its just lazy to expect fellow arbtalkers to decipher the god awful written word of some members:thumbdown:

You never know, you might learn something:001_cool:

cizzer.jpg.884bd1414263426174b36dde1c9c4225.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i cannot, unfortunately bite my tongue no longer...:lol:

Is it that hard to use a spell checker??:confused1::001_tongue:

When typing a word in the little white box, if its wrong (check below) a little squiggly red line will appear underneath any incorrectly spelt word. Right click the mouse and list of correctly spelt words pops up. If it doesn't, check the option that states "spell checker".

It's not hard, it doesn't take 5 minutes, it won't bite! In my opinion, its just lazy to expect fellow arbtalkers to decipher the god awful written word of some members:thumbdown:

You never know, you might learn something:001_cool:

shizzle ma nizzle rob dat juzt blue ma minnnned m8 :001_tt2:

I agree some of the spelling and grammar on forums (not just here) can be poor, but some things, like the Somerset beverage have been this way for ages - its a bit of fun.

I suspect you may get some rather more negative reponses than this to your comments.

I agree some of the spelling and grammar on forums (not just here) can be poor, but some things, like the Somerset beverage have been this way for ages - its a bit of fun.

I suspect you may get some rather more negative reponses than this to your comments.

I'm well aware of that:biggrin: but have incredibly thick skin:lol:

Must admit,bad spelling does bug me a lot. If I don't know how to spell a word I just check it in my dictionary(book or app) or as you suggest use spell check. Surprisingly,I know quite a few people who cannot spell very well but will spell words phonetically and must admit it does make me wonder at the spelling of certain words. Not come across double z instead of d tho( though ) ;)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Must admit,bad spelling does bug me a lot. If I don't know how to spell a word I just check it in my dictionary(book or app) or as you suggest use spell check. Surprisingly,I know quite a few people who cannot spell very well but will spell words phonetically and must admit it does make me wonder at the spelling of certain words. Not come across double z instead of d tho( though ) ;)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ohh you will do if you browse the site long enough:001_rolleyes:

But how 'correct' do contributors have to be?

What about correct punctuation?

I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I think I would rather have good opinion badly presented than members feeling reluctant to respond.

Indeed. I see 'cizzer' as a 'slang thang'. No different from calling a Fistulina a 'fisti', or a karabiner a crab. Regional variations, abbreviations and slang are what make the English language so versatile and, for want of a better word, fun. What bugs me more is bad grammar, but nobody is perfect! Be certain as soon as you pick out others, yours are fair game; like when you used 'its' instead of 'it's' in your post. Life's too short to pick on petty mistakes we all make though ;) If you fancy a break from trees and fungi, get a copy of Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson. Good little read...