company days out.

Eddie Coyle

Well. Now I get very well looked after. Nice bonus at Xmas. A nice bloke to ground for. And if I needed help he has given it in the past.

Like when I nearly lost my son and needed to travel to London every day. I got a loan from him and he wasn't in a hurry to ask for it back. Worked it off in days. Try to pay for breaky and sometimes I do but most I get told to put it away. So I get the ice creams in when I can.

I do agree with smaller firms being easier.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I overheard just before the boss went on holiday for 3 weeks he was gonna take us out for a meal in a small Italian restaurant in town to say thanks for all the hard work we have put in over the past year. We are thinking about a quick pint in our local ranger watering hole then head on down still in ranger gear to meet up with family and relevant spouses. Then maybe have a massive bbq the week after with everyone we have met through the year and got on with.

I do about 2 or 3 days a month for a friend of mine and his boss doing generator installation and acoustic hood installation, we get brought all our meals while working, car parking, hotel rooms when required, 2 course dinner and a couple of beers if in a hotel, our boss has rebuilt an engine each for me and my mate, we can use his workshop, spare materials and tools pretty much anytime, last Christmas we all went clay pigeon shooting and we get paid a full days money if we work more than 3 hours.:thumbup1:

in return we try and work as hard as we can, and quite often do 12 or more hours a day, and will travel a round trip of 4 or 5 hours a day if required.

all together a pretty good deal for both sides.:thumbup:

Been there , done that , paid for breaky every day for months and years in some cases, gave bonuses, let them use kit and vehicles and most of them would come out a shop and never think to buy me a juice!!!

Nights out, meals , bowling, currys.

Even bought 1 a car once and another lad sorted his £32k worth of credit cards and gave him saws and hedge cutters and a friend gave him a van and I did all his trees at his house costing me £500.

I gave the guys £80 bonus for 2 hours work ontop of their wages.

Never heard from him again!

Put 2 guys through chainsaw courses, 1 never came back to work and threatened me so I gave him money, the other chucked it soon after for another job!

The more you give the less you get from my experience!

You sound like an appreciative guy, you are a rare breed!!:)

Ranty rant over!:)

I have had the same experience; breakfasts, job and knock pay, lend equipment, put through tickets then they let you down.

Now, I think the key is to judge and perceive their value to you and reward accordingly. Christmas meal I have always wanted to do, with a one-night-away in a hotel kind of thing. If I was stupidly loaded, all I would do is pay silly money to good blokes. How nice it would be to just help people out. But as above, many are devoid of an attitude of gratitude.

Been there , done that , paid for breaky every day for months and years in some cases, gave bonuses, let them use kit and vehicles and most of them would come out a shop and never think to buy me a juice!!!

Even bought 1 a car once and another lad sorted his £32k worth of credit cards and gave him saws and hedge cutters and a friend gave him a van and I did all his trees at his house costing me £500.

Put 2 guys through chainsaw courses, 1 never came back to work and threatened me so I gave him money, the other chucked it soon after for another job!

That is so true Stephen 'The more you give the less you get'. It seems to be true that 'treat em mean, keep em keen' goes in the work place too. Problem is, I can't help myself and enjoy rewarding people for good work etc. I guess this is what makes us decent beings. It is nice when you do get people who truly appreciate it.

Now I reading the bad things about employees. I relise why some bosses are the way they are.

Working for various people, I have found its different form one to another, I know relise its also maybe not the boss that is and ass. But previous workers from the past that has made them that way.

Being tarnished by th same brush does come to mind. But if a worker proves his worth then a boss should relise this also and change.

You sound like an appreciative guy, you are a rare breed!!:)

Ranty rant over!:)

How bloody true Stevie, the better you treat em the worse they treat you. They can come to expect bonus and meals and early finish. Sod that, I too lent a lad money for a car, and when he was short I didn't get money for a couple of weeks, got it in the end. He went off and got a job elsewhere and now doesn't even reply to my txts. I look after myself now sod the rest.

Sent from Outerspace.