New Stihl Policy

Well I have purchased Stihl parts from ebay and from a well known online parts agent - I did already have an account with the online parts stockinst but have had no issues in getting parts.

The fact that other agents appear to know nothing about this policy gives me the impression that Stihl is targeting a small number of predominantly online sellers that are taking business from local agents - not sure how this stands legally

HI STEVE i was talking to stihl re this and they said they can not stop this on parts side of things only on saw thanks jon :thumbup:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Stihl dealers can't even send you the likes of a brake band through the post now , that is a joke . I'm sure there are a few good dealers in Scotland .

Fact for me is my local dealer is hopeless and I got much better service dealing with dealers in England , better prices too . So it's Husqvarna all the way now !

TS

Well, I hope I have cleared a few things up tonight. I accept that as a dealer what I had to say is not everybody's cup of tea.

I can only reiterate that Stihl has YOUR interests at heart whether you are a domestic or professional user. If you are not happy with the service call them. 01276 20202.

I will not post anymore on this subject due to the time it takes to reply to everybody. I will however be delighted to look in to the problems and troubleshooting bit of the forum and help as much as I can.

Cheers.

As far as I can see you have cleared nothing up. And stihl do not have the users interest at heart. Only there dealers. The number is the basic number. Try calling it and complaining, see how far you get.:thumbdown:

For the record, when you (used to) buy a machine online, and it was shipped 100,200,300 miles to you, when there was a warranty problem did you ship it back?. Or did you go to your local servicing dealer?

Hahaha, yeah send it back for a broken brake band that maybe 20quid, and then cost god knows what in postage and fitting costs, or do it yourself and lose an hours downtime...... Wounder what one users would prefer.:confused1:

No, i'm saying it because I believe it to be true, please don't turn against me.

Also, the person who was unhappy with his dealer, report them to Stihl, thay are very interested to help you if you are unhappy.

Hahaha report to stihl, that's a good one.......

Repairs should always be carried out by a servicing dealer.

It's in your handbook.

Yeah, my car manual says that aswell. Think the local land rover dealer is interested in a disco 1 1990......

Due to stihls other policy regarding selling there gear, and if anyone wants to know it, a showroom space alongside workshop, VAT registered and maintained, and a turnover of stihl products of 30,000 per annual.. Small dealers are forced by this to try and sell new gear all the time to keep it up....:thumbdown:

As most of you will know Stihl has a new policy regarding the sale of machinery online. As dealers here in Scotland for many, many years we pride ourselves on our knowledge of the product range and welcome this move believing it is a brave one especially since it seems to have gotten a few backs up.

Stihl is a family run company and founder Andreas Stihl himself wanted his machines sold by a dealer network making sure the customer gets the personal touch ensuring the right machine is sold to suit their individual needs.

An example to this, only yesterday we had an elderly gentleman looking for a FS40 Trimmer, on finding this difficult to start we advised that he should try the FS 50 with "Ergostart" this would never have happened online. He received a personally tailored recommendation which is only guaranteed with a face to face sales encounter. Had he purchased what he thought would suit him, the FS40 Trimmer, he would have had a negative impression of the power tool and therefore the brand.

I hope this helps to clear things up.

:thumbup:

All your posts sound like stihl themselves. You havnt given your dealership name either.

IMO this thread needs removing as all its doing is inflaming more hatred towards stihl......

I couldn't care less about old guys wanting talked through machines, been stuck behind them in queues, while my time is getting wasted. Don't want fancy displays or branding everywhere, it all adds to the cost.

All I want is to buy what I need when it is suitable for me. You go to the supermarkets now and there are self scanners because the supermarkets know some people just don't have the time.

Regarding servicing, if my machines are in warranty I don't mind driving to get them fixed as long as it is quick. If I can fix it myself I'm not going to the expense of paying someone else to do it, not to mention having it sat on a bench until they feel the urge to work on it.

If I have to visit the dealer, they should have everything I need in stock. I think they should get rid of the machines on display gathering dust and get their parts departments sorted out. Then you might see a bit of brand loyalty. Let Aldi and Lidl deal with the old guys wanting a stimmer.

Please let us know where you are, I might pop in then and give you my money. Can't say fairer than that.

My servicing dealer refuses to touch my 090. Actually, he wants me to buy an MS880 instead (because this would make him a lot more money for less effort). Any guesses how many miles I would have to go to find a servicing dealer who was prepared to work on it? All parts are available OEM btw.

Oh, and with reference to your earlier post about speed of delivery, if something breaks I can order online and receive it the next day, in my letterbox at home, so would have it fitted for use with only a day out of action.

If I order it from my local dealer, even if they decided to order it next day (which so far they haven't) I would imagine I would be hit with a healthy 'special order' delivery charge. I would also have to go in the following day to get it, and if I was going to have the part fitted by the dealer as you suggest, I would have to take the saw in and leave it with them until they got round to fitting it - probably about two weeks.

Not really viable I'm afraid.

The situation indicated in your original post is perfectly reasonable. Most people don't have an issue with buying machines in person. The issue is parts/PPE etc.

I need a new pair of chaps as the zip on the leg of one of the old ones has finally worn out (after 15yrs). I know the size - same as last time, and I do not wish to have a personal fitting (Suits you Sir!). The new ones will unfortunately have to be another make.

Alec

Is that dealer in Whittlesford? If it is, Malcolm's a nice bloke, I'm sure he'll happily take you inside leg measurement. :lol:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I can only reiterate that Stihl has YOUR interests at heart whether you are a domestic or professional user. If you are not happy with the service call them. 01276 20202.

Now that's something I am going to take exception to, I really don't like it when people pee down my back and tell me its rain

The only thing Stihl have at heart is profit, that's what this move is about, they only care about our interests where they have a bearing on profit

You keep singing the company mantra if you want I wont be listening