Working in the heat

Pete Mctree

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best just to go fishing, I always drink a pint of water for every pint of speckled hen or chilled can that is , that way when i'm out on the boat i remain well hydrated its then just a mater of checking the color of your urine as you pee off the boat.:001_smile: and boy has it been hot, waters have been the best ever with great vis, and the fish are just starting to get a little bigger, did put a lot back at the start of the season, but am now eating most of what i catch, lobster pots going out some time in the next 2 weeks, weather depending . :thumbup1:

Well done Jesse on virtually the only sensible post on the thread.

If you don't like the sun go and work for Mike Hill. I hate negative vibes.

Tips on working in heat can be found using the 'search' facility.

Sorry if I sound cranky, it was hot today.

I've never been a fan of type A's C's or any other chainsaw leg duvets,! I am a great believer that wearing them causes more accidents through the restriction of movement and overheating than if chainsaw users just applied a little more respect to the job in hand! Chainsaws are dangerous and taking that little snippet for granted is what will end with you chopping your leg off!

I wear shorts up the tree and don't take that for granted and I still have 2 legs and 2 arms!!!

Oh and I drink plenty of cider which is what manual countryside workers have done for years!!!

Cheers :thumbup:

I've never been a fan of type A's C's or any other chainsaw leg duvets,! I am a great believer that wearing them causes more accidents through the restriction of movement and overheating than if chainsaw users just applied a little more respect to the job in hand! Chainsaws are dangerous and taking that little snippet for granted is what will end with you chopping your leg off!

I wear shorts up the tree and don't take that for granted and I still have 2 legs and 2 arms!!!

Oh and I drink plenty of cider which is what manual countryside workers have done for years!!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Good on you! Agreed, over reliance on "protective measures" can contribute to apathy, carelessness and poor technique - poor driving is a classic example - stereo, airbags, power steering, ABS etc gives idiot / incapable drivers a sense of invincibility rather than making their driving any better.

Good on you! Agreed, over reliance on "protective measures" can contribute to apathy, carelessness and poor technique - poor driving is a classic example - stereo, airbags, power steering, ABS etc gives idiot / incapable drivers a sense of invincibility rather than making their driving any better.

It's called risk compensation, and is the reason that bikers have for so long feared the VOLVO!

Well done Jesse on virtually the only sensible post on the thread.

If you don't like the sun go and work for Mike Hill. I hate negative vibes.

Tips on working in heat can be found using the 'search' facility.

Sorry if I sound cranky, it was hot today.

'Tis a bit cranky Mark, seems a nice little thread about tips to get through the hot weather.

Besides there's too much positivity about:001_smile: