for wage or fame????

stewie

Overheads.

With fame comes work, with work comes expansion and the need for people and big expensive stuff. Costs spiral. Hence ridicules quote. Was too small a job for him. Guys like that want big jobs. Small company with low overheads survive on little jobs and give better domestic quotes.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

500 for 3hrs work sounds like you told you mate what the other chap quoted and he thought he'd pull a fast one as well. 500 for 3 hrs of a old granny ??
the lady was about 36 lol and my mate even deadwooded the tree while he was up there........and i never mentioned no price to my mate till after the job.......lowering a massive limb over a greenhouse and summer house, deadwooding, a chipper for two hours, disposal, diesel and petrol ain't that bad a price i thought???

Overheads.

With fame comes work, with work comes expansion and the need for people and big expensive stuff. Costs spiral. Hence ridicules quote. Was too small a job for him. Guys like that want big jobs. Small company with low overheads survive on little jobs and give better domestic quotes.

So very true.

easy-lift guy

oh and just to add he had it on the deck in 50 mins not 20 as i mistakenly put lol........

so come on then a big limb over a greenhouse and summer house, 3 people working, a chipper, a transit tipper and 7.5 iveco full of logs, horse-box full of chip, and a slag of a drag/carry to get it all out.........how much would you say??? i no a guy round here who dropped two decent pines and took them away on a grab lorry.......took about an hr and charged £1750 PLUS vat........cant see my mates price being to bad really????

I dont think there is much wrong with the price I think its the way you put it on paper.Out of your £500 I bet there was £100 on fuel wear and tear. When you get back to the yard you have to unload and clean up so not much else will get done that day except log a few of those rings.

oh and just to add he had it on the deck in 50 mins not 20 as i mistakenly put lol........

so come on then a big limb over a greenhouse and summer house, 3 people working, a chipper, a transit tipper and 7.5 iveco full of logs, horse-box full of chip, and a slag of a drag/carry to get it all out.........how much would you say??? i no a guy round here who dropped two decent pines and took them away on a grab lorry.......took about an hr and charged £1750 PLUS vat........cant see my mates price being to bad really????

Price was there or thereabouts.

As for the bloke with the grab lorry, have you seen how much those things are to run? Bit more than a mower and a Berlingo.

The plus vat to him doesn't make a difference. He has to charge it but he doesn't actually get it as that's the vat mans cut! Emphasising that doesn't really make it negative.

The situation in the first half of the post. If that was what £500 was. That's about right! To get that many logs it sounds more like half a tree than just a limb