Owen Paterson MP = Plonker

TimberCutterDartmoor

I think STI'S play a major part in cervical cancer.

Possibly that women taking the pill slept around more which led to increased STI'S etc.

If I read you correctly you are saying a similar sort of thing to diff lock.

Mrs Egg will tell you a scientific reason of why this is not the case.

Way over my way of thinking.

That's why she does the science and I push shite up hill for a living! :laugh1:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

studied effects up to the first generation only, effects showed up in later generations.QUOTE]

Precisely.

Tanker from round our way :thumbup1:

Political Promises - what a tank of.... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This woman is the nuts on this issue:

Vandana Shiva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.navdanya.org/

Seed Freedom | A GLOBAL MOVEMENT TO DEFEND SEED FREEDOM

The New Rulers Of The World

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

studied effects up to the first generation only, effects showed up in later generations.QUOTE]

Precisely.

Tanker from round our way :thumbup1:

Political Promises - what a tank of.... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This woman is nuts on this issue:

Vandana Shiva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Navdanya

Seed Freedom | A GLOBAL MOVEMENT TO DEFEND SEED FREEDOM

The New Rulers Of The World

As they say on another forum I frequent

"Fixed it for ya"

All things in moderation gentlemen.

Me, I tend to think that Home Sapiens is but a plaque on the poor planet, which uncaring nature will eventually moderate.

Which is one reason I reluctantly tolerate the rat living in the shed brazenly eating our dog food, ditto the jackdaws in the boiler chimney, and the house Martins with their nest directly above the Patio doors.

The wife is a trifle pissed at the rabbits eating her purple Kale.

Me, I resignedly accepted it when they ate most of my 80 Oak saplings.

Because when we bought this ground there were NO rabbits.

I actually like to see them hopping around outside the front door.

A neighbours cat is more than glad to provide a "control measure"

As always

Gibber,

mutter

an

a

wee

twitch

Me, I tend to think that Home Sapiens is but a plaque on the poor planet, which uncaring nature will eventually moderate.

I agree there is widespread environmental destruction/pollution/poisoning, but I don't lay the blame on our species as a whole, because clearly there are members of the species in tune with the environment who work towards rectifying the situation.

I lay the blame for "the plague", as you call it, entirely on other people, corporate drones, high functioning sociopaths and psychopaths who naturally migrate to the top of the corporate/bankster class.

Corporations enabled by banksters are the planets plague, not our whole species.

Which brings us back to Monsanto and big Pharma et al, who you are defending.

How do you square this apparent cognitive dissonance?

I agree there is widespread environmental destruction/pollution/poisoning, but I don't lay the blame on our species as a whole, because clearly there are members of the species in tune with the environment who work towards rectifying the situation.

I lay the blame for "the plague", as you call it, entirely on other people, corporate drones, high functioning sociopaths and psychopaths who naturally migrate to the top of the corporate/bankster class.

Corporations enabled by banksters are the planets plague, not our whole species.

Which brings us back to Monsanto and big Pharma et al, who you are defending.

How do you square this apparent cognitive dissonance?

Well Derp!

That says it all.

It is ALWAYS someones elses fault.

Generally those in high ranking jobs limit their off spring, even they do consume more.

It is the feckless hordes of underclass who will eventually crush mankind under their sheer weight of uncaring numbers.

Especially if led by a charsimatic figure.

i.e. Hitler, lets pick on the Jews, (cos they dare to be well educated and successful, that was a "no-brainer")

Or indeed the hordes who fly hither and thigher on holidays and quick breaks.

Me, I am a big fan of localism and moderation, and hey even a little self sufficiency.

BUT I still accept that I consume more than I need.

btw we only had 2 children, quite deliberately, which I kinda selfishly regret.

Edited by difflock

I don't whole heartedly disagree with manipulating crops. People have been crossing and tweaking strains for many generations. While I recognize the need for a company to recoupe investment, plus a reasonable profit. If they do so in an all too aggresive manner or for a useless product, only they are the winners. I'm not a fan of companies roasting countries or communities over a pit, just because they don't add a penny to the shares.

... It's time to acknowledge there are areas on the planet that simply cannot sustain human habitation. Pumping food aid into (predominantly) Sub Saharan Africa for the past 30 years has only served to prolong the inevitable.

While the above statement may seem harsh. I freely admitt there is no one simple answer. And none that wouldn't displace many tens of thousands, (probably more like many hundreds of thousands and more besides) I am forced to agree and for many years have thought the same way.

Once upon a time, the edges of some inhospitable places could support human life. But only on a sparsely populated basis. Yes, there have been great cities in the past, that thrived in such regions but only because they were on a major trade route. Those days in most cases are long gone.

Just because there is land and there are people, doesn't mean the two can coexist. Nor that either will flourish, just because a second bunch of people, only see the plight of another people. And are willing to ignore the needs of the land to maintain the notion, that mankind has ability and the right to conquer every square millimetre of this planet.

There is a finite amount of available land, (discounting land reclamation projects). There is however, an ever increasing human populous. The former cannot support the latter forever. And the latter cannot create the former in such quantity as would be beneficial to the whole. It's no good pretending we may have a problem in the future. We have a problem in the present.

There certainly have been associated cultural problems in enforcing such a law. But China was on the right lines I feel, when it introduced the one child law. As I say, it hasn't been without its problems but how much more trouble will there be, when humans are so numerous, that the planet is incapable of supporting that populous?

Edited by TGB

As virtually all of us in the western world consume more than the earth can sustain it seems fair to call us a plague. Some may be worse than others but if you do one of those carbon footprint calculators it's pretty hard to get down to a sustainable level with the lifestyles most expect.

As for GM I am sure it could be a force for good but will undoubtedly be used for profit first.

Personally i worry about gm products.

Supermarkets/retailers already manage to make what ought to be healthy food into rubbish with high salt and reduced taste. Giving them the opportunity to create foods that can be called something yet has very little relation to the traditional relative can only be a bad thing.

Well Derp!

That says it all.

It is ALWAYS someones elses fault.

Such a compelling argument, I stand corrected, I will attempt to converse on the same level, global corporations are obviously sugar and spice and all things nice, it's those feckless hordes of underclass who are slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails. :001_rolleyes:

Not at all, so simple there Pumpy, but read what you wrote and think about it.

We cannot always pin the blame on a convienent scapegoat.

But most everyone appears to want to do so.

The classic example being "the car skidded" or "the car left the road" or "there was black ice"

Never "I failed to anticipate" , "I failed to allow for" or "I should have thought"

Part of the human condition apparently.

Hence our plague status.

But from someone entirely non religious, there IS a lot of wisdom contained within the Bible.

i.e. "Pick the beam from thine own eye, before the mote from the neighbours eye"

cheers

marcus