New Hedge Cutter

LumberJake

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought echo long reach and regret it. It's more of a light trimming cutter bar so fails when we do anything bigger. The trigger is a breakage waiting to happen. The gearbox has failed twice- probably because we have over exerted it I admit. Plus point- it's quieter than stihl. Vibes are not as bad also. but then again it's not so powerful so you'd expect that.

I would get the stihl and you'll get by with one.- Oh yes- invest in a new pair of ear defenders.:001_smile:

Here I am! Mr Stihl patriot :biggrin:!

All my hedge cutting and trimming gear is Stihl, better quality/stronger internals, never snapped anything and they cut through almost anything!

I used to work for an echo dealer, and they do make some ok gear, but I really do think you won't ever regret buying a Stihl (unless its a ms261 or 201t! )

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Here I am! Mr Stihl patriot :biggrin:!

All my hedge cutting and trimming gear is Stihl, better quality/stronger internals, never snapped anything and they cut through almost anything!

I used to work for an echo dealer, and they do make some ok gear, but I really do think you won't ever regret buying a Stihl (unless its a ms261 or 201t! )

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Though your enthusiasm for the Stihl brand is laudable, I fear it is blinkering your better judgement :001_tt2: my mate bought a brand new long reach Stihl trimmer, and it felt like I was stepping back in time using some dinosaur piece of kit. It was heavier, less well balanced, vibrated like a really vibratey thing, it was awful. He couldn't work out what I was saying about, so I lent him my Echo to try for a while. No, you can keep your Stihls, I certainly am not convinced by them, and I have one, but it'll only every come out as a back up machine now.