Arbtalk Members Reponses to Stihl's Online Policy

Honey Bros

but yuod need a good dicount of the dealer to make a decent cut for yr sen ,then thers the VAT !!!!,thos that are in the vat club will want an invoice wi vat showing ,or youd have to state NOVAT !!!!,then youd always get the arsy **** ,:001_tongue:

Next time your saw breaks and you need me to send you a part next day Johny (albeit at a 'premium' price) I'll have my fingers in my lugs, humming loudly....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After talking to my regular supplier this morning I'm now baffled. I've purchased saws and parts from him for over twenty years now, three 201Ts this year already. He's explained that as a known user he can post any saw to me. All well and good so far.

"This new policy is total rubbish, just internet rumour, what's the source"

Arbtalk.....

"It's wrong"

Not according to FR Jones and Honey Bros

"Are Stihl trying to put the dealers out of business?"

He's not a huge dealer, doesn't operate online but has several staff, carries practically every spare I've ever needed, orders arrive by post the following day, but he knows jack about this. So stihl can't even inform their own people.

Apparently, from what I've been told, the Australian Marketing Manager for the UK or Europe is behind this. The push is on to promote Viking equipment, giving Stihl dealerships to Garden Equipment Shops in exchange for stocking and promoting an inferior brand. My dealers opinion, not mine.

TBH, this move is a disaster, my dealer is an hours drive away, telephone call and the post is an efficient method only because the nearer dealers can barely provide a spark plug between them. So if this goes forward, we've no alternative other than to look to replace all stihl products as and when new equipment is required. Sadly it appears that it will no longer be economically viable to deal with Stihl.

Edited by Gary Prentice

please do rember that oregon make the following compatable parts for stihl chainsaws.

bars

chains

files

chain oil

2/s oil

sprockets rim & spur

so you will only need engine parts, i was undr the impression that dealers can place parts orders to stihl twice a week ,so that shouldnt be a prob,realy ,or you could run 2,sets of saws . no panic :biggrin:

How short sighted of woolworths er I mean stihl they seem to tinker too much both with their machines, take the 360 or 200t for example ( if it ain't broke) and it seems the boardroom has caught the same infection. Unlike a lot of folk on here I have two really good dealers near me so it won't be too much of am issue for me I hope. They will u turn or they will suffer like the aforementioned woolworths. The pros won't suffer as they will do what stihl can't seem to and move with the times,not against it. I'm gonna purchase some shares in huskey!

How short sighted of woolworths er I mean stihl they seem to tinker too much both with their machines, take the 360 or 200t for example ( if it ain't broke) and it seems the boardroom has caught the same infection. Unlike a lot of folk on here I have two really good dealers near me so it won't be too much of am issue for me I hope. They will u turn or they will suffer like the aforementioned woolworths. The pros won't suffer as they will do what stihl can't seem to and move with the times,not against it. I'm gonna purchase some shares in huskey!

Slight de rail -- You say why fix what aint broke ? That I think is down to current and future emission regs .

Slight de rail -- You say why fix what aint broke ? That I think is down to current and future emission regs .

Ahh ok fair point but it is still relevant ref their stance on face to face merchandise sales.