Am I running a business from home?

Horatio

just to put the record straight- everyone thinks warm water on a cold screen will cause a crack but it doesn't. I have been using this method for years. Start with warm and progress to hot. Keeps the inside frost free too until the heater kicks in. Only downside is the water may freeze on the drive and be a slip hazard.. Its icy:001_smile: salt the drive

The great advice you get on arbtalk= priceless.

By the way de icer is pants- just transfers the cold to the inside where it freezes your breath.

Give this tip to your neighbour- it may thaw your relationship:lol:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shave for a couple of days, slip in to your wife's g string and dressing gown, slap on some lippy badly and knock on his door with a bunch of flowers tell him you love him and let the gown blow in the wind..

That should keep him minding his own ...................that or you get a new best friend

I have worked from home for a long time. I have used chainsaws for years. I do not interfere with the ways in which others live and I expect the same respect in return. It's always worked for me, never fallen out with any neighbour.

I know some people who will report their neighbours for farting on a SundAy, mowing the stripes on the lawn the wrong way, whatever. They are life's losers, just ignore them and leave them to play in their own poo, whatever makes em happy, just don't descend to their level, they are far too good at being idiots and will beat you at being utterly stupid any day.

just to put the record straight- everyone thinks warm water on a cold screen will cause a crack but it doesn't. I have been using this method for years. Start with warm and progress to hot. Keeps the inside frost free too until the heater kicks in. Only downside is the water may freeze on the drive and be a slip hazard.. Its icy:001_smile: salt the drive

The great advice you get on arbtalk= priceless.

By the way de icer is pants- just transfers the cold to the inside where it freezes your breath.

Give this tip to your neighbour- it may thaw your relationship:lol:

The problems can occur if you put hot water on a windscreen with a stonechip or crack already in it, this is how I cracked my windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were to (and I don't think you should, but if you did) get a yard and work from there, you would still be entitled to go out a 4.30 in the morning and start your car/van for 10 mins to let it warm up. You would also be fine using the saw to cut your own firewood on the weekend. In my opinion there is no problem with doing either of these things, your neighbour is just a PITA. So long as your not having clients coming around or punting firewood from the front lawn I don't think your "running a business from home". As far as the RA stuff goes, even if you were you needn't show him a copy of it - ask him for a copy of his RA the next time he cuts his grass.

Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

I have worked from home for a long time. I have used chainsaws for years. I do not interfere with the ways in which others live and I expect the same respect in return. It's always worked for me, never fallen out with any neighbour.

I know some people who will report their neighbours for farting on a SundAy, mowing the stripes on the lawn the wrong way, whatever. They are life's losers, just ignore them and leave them to play in their own poo, whatever makes em happy, just don't descend to their level, they are far too good at being idiots and will beat you at being utterly stupid any day.

:dito:

Completely agree particularly when you take the shared drive thing into account, how far from his house was it? A car length or so?

His house is about 10m away from my van when I did start up. The drive runs between either house and the forks either way to each others garage.

Do you guys get angry at the bin man when he come before 7?

I'm sorry folks but we live in a 24 hour world. If Horatio was a bus driver, fire man, nurse, commuting banker the few mornings a year where frost is an issue making your vehicle safe to drive is no reason to complain.

As you are not conducting business on their behalf or on their property you are not required to pass on any ra/insurance details even if the fire wood processing was commercial.

You can store your work tools where ever you want unless you have signed a document to the contrary.

I would seek legal advice but not reply. Retain the letter, file it. Record when you process your timber just so you have a record. Use you're saws as you see fit at home. You know where you live!

I'm fortunate. no neighbours, rural location, company is ltd but accountant's address is registered address.

You can claim for the use of office space in your house without needing to pay commercial rates.

If you have folks meeting at your place in the am. Pick them up round the corner. Mainly so they don't use your karsi for their morning dump.

Do not engage in further communication over this matter.

Do your research according to your location and local authority. Have any assisting documents filed and ready.

Best wishes.

That's great advice. Appreciate it pal