One for the repair shops.

Rich2484

Ok so one for the repair shops really but anyone please jump in.

I have had a saw come back to me a few times recently. It's an ms250.

I have tested the saw every what way I know. I have run it and used it. But still getting calls saying its not working. I have shown it working to the customer and shown and checked how he starts it.

Seems right to me.

There is NOTHING wrong with the saw. It's fine. I have worked it.

I've comp tested it, vac tested it, pressure tested it, carb cleaned, carb tested and checked. I've spent a few hours on this saw to check everything in the past times its been in. The first time it came to me the meter arm was out so adjusted it back. Now its just getting annoying.

So the question I have is.

What would you do?

Do you have it in and test it all again?

Test it run it and send it back after charging for the time doing tests and cleaning?

Just say there is nothing wrong with it, and teach how to start the saw the correct way, if this is the problem?

I'm at a loss and I've been told by the other that when I get fed up with people I have a bad habit of just being rude to them. I don't mean to be just the way end up coming accross.

Get customer to start it and use it in front of you may find out what the problem is.

Well that's the next step. He is dropping it off whilst picking up a mower. If he still insists its playing around then I will have to take it in. But on agreement over a cost of testing the saw.

Grass hopper. This was the original problem it came to me with. I sorted it out but he is still complaining its not running properly.

I have even told him before to fill it up with his fuel before bringing it in just to make sure I'm running it to his mix. Just incase his mix is doing it.

I'm just at a loss as to what to do. I will take it in but not sure what I'm going to do other than just test it. And re doing tests I have performed already just get tedious and takes up valuable time I could be repairing other tools. I'm going to hav WTO work it out so I do the tests along with other saws. So if I need to vac test a saw I can do this one at the same time. Or I will be pulling the testing gear in and out all day.

Does he live far from you?

Tell him next time hes going to use it to make you aware and charge him the going rate to go watch him cut his logs so you can watch how he does everything.

Sounds more like operator error than the saw itself, likewise ensure you watch how he makes his pre-mix up etc.

just a thought and if it works he takes it and plays up. how about filling it with aspen 2 try it get it running sweet. and let him use it with aspen. if it runs then it could be his mix. it eliminates your 2 stroke and his. and charge for the can for him to take away plus your time. could be as simple as that either his mix is to lean or too rich.

just a thought and if it works he takes it and plays up. how about filling it with aspen 2 try it get it running sweet. and let him use it with aspen. if it runs then it could be his mix. it eliminates your 2 stroke and his. and charge for the can for him to take away plus your time. could be as simple as that either his mix is to lean or too rich.

Spot on Hedgesparrow, good advice:thumbup1: