One for the repair shops.

Rich2484

Hhhmmmm. Aspen man will love that suggestion. :lol:

I know he uses the stihl one shot mix bottles. Why I'm not overly concerned its the mix.

But anyway. It's not really a fault wage the saw. This I know as as soon as I get hold of it without even checking it has fuel in I fire it up and run it into a bit of timber. Before its even warmend up. Just straight into some. Then shut it off and re start it. It's perfect.

So operator error. Going to watch very carefully when it comes in next and he can show me how he starts it up.

If he starts it and it runs perfectly then I'm just going to offer to test it and charge accordingly.

Edit: beat me to it Barrie :lol:

He only says it won't start or floods out on him. If he gets it going it won't keep going. Was a bit vaige on the phone over what it actually was. He will try and start on choke then Half choke. Then something about it stalling out on him. When floods he removes plug and its soaked wet. I'm thinking he is missing it on choke and keeps going with choke on full. Then it floods.

Edited by Rich2484

Has he managed at any time to get it going, and if so does it then work OK?

Otherwise it sounds like a classic case of the I D ten T error.

Sounds like he is pulling it with the choke still on even after the first cough. Its a very common fault with "I D ten T" users who just wont understand what they are told.

Best get him to start it in front of you when he comes in.

Has he managed at any time to get it going, and if so does it then work OK?

Otherwise it sounds like a classic case of the I D ten T error.

Sounds like he is pulling it with the choke still on even after the first cough. Its a very common fault with "I D ten T" users who just wont understand what they are told.

Best get him to start it in front of you when he comes in.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes that's my plan, when it comes in he is going to start it. And I'm just going to stand and watch.

He managed to start it last time after calling me and saying it had flooded so told him to pull plug. Pull it over a few times. Wait five mins and try again. It ran up an dowries perfectly after.

Obvious Rich....it isn't manufactured in Sweden - thats the problem.......had to get you back on that one!!!

I usually give it a damn good thrash through the biggest lumps of wood I have and then give it a bit of heavy noodling - that sorts out most issues - could be the owners method or just one of those faults that shows after a bit of use!

Obvious Rich....it isn't manufactured in Sweden - thats the problem.......had to get you back on that one!!!

I usually give it a damn good thrash through the biggest lumps of wood I have and then give it a bit of heavy noodling - that sorts out most issues - could be the owners method or just one of those faults that shows after a bit of use!

Nope that's defiantly NOT the problem. As if it was made in Sweden it would come in with a different fault every time. Not an oprator error :001_tt2::001_tt2::lol::lol:

Not sure I would want to noodle a non pro users saw......

Will find out on Wednesday when it comes in.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes that's my plan, when it comes in he is going to start it. And I'm just going to stand and watch.

He managed to start it last time after calling me and saying it had flooded so told him to pull plug. Pull it over a few times. Wait five mins and try again. It ran up an dowries perfectly after.

Tell him to do a full throttle start when it floods! And the problem is its German, not Swedish

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Has anyone told the guy to knock the choke off as soon as it pops?

Could it be the fast idle start mechanism isn't holding the throttle valve open enough to produce a fast idle and also a significant pop when it starts on choke - seen that before! You can bend the throttle lever e little and try it - it will let a little more fuel/air in and make starting more positive!

Anyway, it is German, it can't happen because it has been designed in Germany by German experts and this has been looked at and our German engineering is the best and......it can't happen:001_rolleyes:.....it isn't our fault - operator error:001_huh::lol:

You jest.....sort of response we get with out lovely German colleagues:sneaky2: