Hayfever advice…

tomrose.arb

You want to find a local bee keeper and see if they have any honey for sale. The honey will contain the pollens that cause the hay-fever and by taking the honey it will make your body get used to the pollens. We keep bees and as a gardener I take spoonful of our honey everyday, works for me. You also want to see if they will sell you any bee propolis as its one of the most powerful natural antibiotics you can get. Propolis is the residue bees produce to fill gaps in the hive, helps keep the colds away.

+1 was told it as good for combating hay fever. will ask hime for propolis sounds good keep me healthy. i like comb honey as it has more in it and is tasty.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread must have been a jinx, since posting I have had a real bad week, absolutely nothing has worked, has anyone else been having it bad ?

I have never had it this bad this early in the year.

I have had it for years and like my earlier post now rely on prescription stuff and it works I've not lost any time through hayfever in 20+ years!

I take 1x 180mg fexofenadine tablet a day and use a 2% nedocromil sodium eye drop called Rapitil, they are both on prescription but work like nothing else! Everyone who I have recommended these to and that has managed to get them from there doctor has had life changed almost overnight! The tablet usually controls the lot but sometimes when the pollen is really high I start to feel the eyes start to sting one drop and its gone!

I am normally falling apart with hay fever but so far nothing. I think people suffering now must be allergic to something like rape seed. Your hay fever normally peaks around your birthday. Not many people born during the winter get hayfever because their immune system built up resistance before it starts. I tried one of the up the nose sprays last year but tends to set me off and the snot it creates is awful. My preventions are clariytin when its really bad, regular showers to get it out the hair, windows closed in the house especially 4pm , pollen filter and aircon in the car.

If you suffer from the strong pollen emitted from rapeseed oil the way I deal with it is to take a spoonful of rapeseed oil honey. Try it find a local Beekeeper couple of pounds for a jar of local honey worth more than pumping your body with god knows what that's contained in Anti Histosos