Rip offs

Arborlord

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a dealer has has "invested" and bought stuff in, are they not entitled to make extra profit??

As long as you agree the price before delivery, how is that a rip off??

If things are too expensive, don't buy them.

so if you need a new saw & find your matey local dealer has wacked £50 on the saw, you pay it or would you shop for a better price ??

All this stuff abt the Euro- rubbish- this kit should be cheaper now-stuff I buy is 3 yrs in its production run- An after the spectacular failure of some forestry boots lately- I dunno why Im not just using steel capped groundworkers boots ( £20) instead of £160 Haix's.....They offer the same protection to me cos I dont go slashing my feet with the saw's nose ! Buggr me-don't we get stiffed on our kit,

Rant over-well, ok, for now K

Edited by Khriss

Funny. People think nothing of paying big bucks for fancy trainers and mountain botts, but get in a huff over high tech forestry boots costing more than they like. My salamon walking boots were £130. My skiing boots (worn 1 week a year) cost £300. My casual boots cost £120.

My current Pfanner / airstream / tyrol boots cost £175 and are like slippers, and I spend 50 - 60 hours a week in them.

Guess which is better value?

For those that dont like the price, you can get Fellsmans for £75. Good luck with that.

Funny. People think nothing of paying big bucks for fancy trainers and mountain botts, but get in a huff over high tech forestry boots costing more than they like. My salamon walking boots were £130. My skiing boots (worn 1 week a year) cost £300. My casual boots cost £120.

My current Pfanner / airstream / tyrol boots cost £175 and are like slippers, and I spend 50 - 60 hours a week in them.

Guess which is better value?

For those that dont like the price, you can get Fellsmans for £75. Good luck with that.

Your Ski-ing boots £300 ? Youve too much money mate.....!

K

( Who did spend £120 on New Rock Reactors -but can dance fr 10hours straight -in them :001_tongue: -yup-every penny )

This is the point mate i wanna find out how many of us feel like this.

Dealers should be listening the their customers or you might one day find they have gone elsewhere.

Should you not look for the best prices now more then ever.

Maybe that would be a great addition to the forum a best price page of all the latest gear

High tech boot yeah ok why do they fall to bits from 6-12 months

Recently purchased a few bits of equiptment from Holland and Italy, their economies are suffering also, consequntly the respective dealers are offering tempting discounts- UK dealers should be able to take advantage of these and pass them on to us. In my own case it more than made up for the poor exchange rate

so if you need a new saw & find your matey local dealer has wacked £50 on the saw, you pay it or would you shop for a better price ??

I have known him for 30 years and been buying saws of him for 20 years, he will always do his best to match any other price, but I will pay him a "little" more for the service he gives me :001_smile:.

This is the point mate i wanna find out how many of us feel like this.

Dealers should be listening the their customers or you might one day find they have gone elsewhere.

Should you not look for the best prices now more then ever.

Maybe that would be a great addition to the forum a best price page of all the latest gear

High tech boot yeah ok why do they fall to bits from 6-12 months

Dealers have only so much leeway to discount. They get tied into deals on kit with manufactures, normally depending on how much stock they buy, the more ppe or silkly blades or whatever product the cheaper they usually get them for.

I agree some prices are rip off high and Price is no guarantee of quality, but you gotta take your vent on the producers of those products.