zig zag failure?

Dilz

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's interesting, all you people who pre-ordered the zig zag without even trying it or waiting to see how it faired in the real world before buying it. Last time I saw panic buying like that was the Cabbage Patch kids chaos in the 80s.

skip to 0.57 in this vid to see arborists trying to grab a Zig Zag :biggrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOlIvx7Pvs]Cabbage Patch Kids Craze! - YouTube[/ame]

Won mine in the Arbtalk Christmas Raffle, Scotspine, so maybe sit outside your perceived group of purchasers.

A Hitchclimber setup was in my online basket before I won a Zigzag. I sure as hell wouldn't have spent that amount of money otherwise.

As an older member of this fraternity, I want to see the facts. I've spent many years in the military seeing the well respected BBC get stories very badly wrong, so nowadays how information is presented to me is very important. "A friend told me..." isn't enough to rouse my interest.

It's a piece of industrial work equipment and should be used with care and respect, like all the rest of our kit.

I liked Petzl's response and await its further findings with interest.

A bit tongue in cheek, but in the meantime if those of you who are retiring your Zigzags want to sell me them, I'll offer a decent price as long as you sign a statement saying, "I wasn't a bell-end when using it"

Mr Pinus Sylvestris, if it was some obscure firm bringing out a new product then people may have held back a little. But it was Petzl, who are market leading innovators.

If rolls Royce brought out a new motor would customers hold back to see if anyone had problems? ..... I think not Mr Pinus

You can't go round all your life with such mistrust, at some point you have got to step forwArd of the crowd and shout "yes, this is me, I am awesome and will dispense with the scepticism that has blighted my life and I am going to go against the deep inbred scottish fear of spending money and be the tree I have always wanted to be, I want to be that pioneering tree, the one that grows where no other tree will grow, clinging to the edge of the crevice on nothing but rock, with the odd particle of nutrient blowing by on a stormy wind, I want my little Pinus needles to ride that wind of change and innovation. Yes yes yes"

The forest of Pinus you stepped forth from will be rooted behind you, cheering you on, pushing you forward

Just imaging Pinus Sylvestris, just imagine..!

Mr Pinus Sylvestris, if it was some obscure firm bringing out a new product then people may have held back a little. But it was Petzl, who are market leading innovators.

If rolls Royce brought out a new motor would customers hold back to see if anyone had problems? ..... I think not Mr Pinus

You can't go round all your life with such mistrust, at some point you have got to step forwArd of the crowd and shout "yes, this is me, I am awesome and will dispense with the scepticism that has blighted my life and I am going to go against the deep inbred scottish fear of spending money and be the tree I have always wanted to be, I want to be that pioneering tree, the one that grows where no other tree will grow, clinging to the edge of the crevice on nothing but rock, with the odd particle of nutrient blowing by on a stormy wind, I want my little Pinus needles to ride that wind of change and innovation. Yes yes yes"

The forest of Pinus you stepped forth from will be rooted behind you, cheering you on, pushing you forward

Just imaging Pinus Sylvestris, just imagine..!

Where's that 'like' button? :cool:

What is the likely next step from Petzl? Total product recall? I guess you guys with ZZs wouldn't mind that if you got an 'over-engineered' replacement. Although they obviously can't re-design and manufacture replacements anytime soon. Looks a potential mess from their perspective - particularly after such pre-launch hype. Maybe the friction hitch won't become extinct after all.