If I was a Tree Surgeon I would have cried.

Dave Martin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whilst driving today I noticed a tree surgery wagon coming towards me. I knew it was a Tree Surgery wagon because of the sign writing all over it advertising there trade. But when I saw the prams, dish washers, ironing boards and any other metal object you care to mention doing that impressive balancing act in the back of it my heart sank. What sort of impression must this give to Joe public about Tree Surgery?

Joe Public is blissfully unaware of the dodgy and illegal industry that is the domain of the 'traveller'. ( I mean thieving scum ):001_rolleyes:

point taken regarding needs must for money etc and of course the odd trip to the dump done it myself and still would..

last friday i drove past a silver transit with tree surgeon spewed over the side, two blokes, no ppe, 3 way ladder fully out up a spruce, no ropes or harness, roadside too, husky ground saw in hand cutting away, my thoughts, idiot hope u aint got kids. Insurance, no chance..

we went past on way home too see the results of ther `prune` one stub 6inch diameter foot long, and tears on the rest. mmmmmm nice.

maybe i should learn to switch of from trees, maybe i should think f**k em if they wanna get monkeys in its there money, god knows, but every time i see one of these poxy trucks with `tree surgeon` on the side and scap on the back held together with ply boards i get that sinking feelin, what damage they gonna do next. maybe im biased cause i spent nearly twenty hours chippin fly tipped waste left by the dids at milton in cambridge, and they got in me truck and had my 201t whilst i was doin it.

just for the record my great great grandparents were propa travellers with the old type caravans.

just reminds me that we got trees with van dam flat tops (Brandon high street in suffolk). pegs left halfway between points of growth and using spikes on prunes from the powerline cutting teams (Thetford to Mundford) road and dids and one man bands who are ruinin trees left right and centre.

Oh well makes me try harder to be better, learn and read more.

sorry for the punishment fellas, rant over, and breathe....

Think all you guys are missing the point i bet 99 percent chance they are travellers! There you go i said it,I see it all the time,generally their transits aren't in the best shape, you can spot it a mile away!

Yep they are missing the point. This was clearly door to door bring out your scrap collection piled high. I tend to avoid using my sign written log truck to transport anything else for fear of appearing to be a cowboy.

When i had a load of stuff to take down the tip i used my sign written transit. I certainly wouldn't pay someone else to take it for me because they had a different van, & i took my 8 yr old son with our Dag, & i was wearing jeans with tanned shoes & a checked shirt, so what!

:biggrin:

Yep they are missing the point. This was clearly door to door bring out your scrap collection piled high. I tend to avoid using my sign written log truck to transport anything else for fear of appearing to be a cowboy.

Hahahahaha that's to funny, don't worry about what people think to much! Your only as good as your last job cowboy!yeehaa

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Joe Public is blissfully unaware of the dodgy and illegal industry that is the domain of the 'traveller'. ( I mean thieving scum ):001_rolleyes:

Completely agree, and that's why joe public keeps employing them when they knock on their door.

Hahahahaha that's to funny, don't worry about what people think to much! Your only as good as your last job cowboy!yeehaa

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not many people will see your last job or load of logs but lots would see it on the road piled high with scrap. As we all know your truck is an important advertising tool.

Nothing wrong with running some scrap, as has been said at the minutes needs must, as an aside its more regulated now, you have to produce photo id at the weigh bridge and if they have'nt yet they are changing to cheque only payments at scrapyards, I usually run in a few loads a year due to accumulated scrap taken out on fencing jobs, if I can make a days money or more for a couple of hours work wheres the harm ?