Tough phone recommendations?

Big J

Can anyone recommend a really bloody good phone? I made a brief foray into the world of smart phones with the JCB Prosmart and it's awful, and been a nightmare from the word go, not to mention that JCB phones themselves are useless.

I'm looking at the Sonim xp3300, but am certainly open to suggestions.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded for the samsung, I'm on my second one not got all the bells and whistles of some of them, but decent battery life, reasonable camera, etc mine has been dropped, bounced, squashed, dropped in water and survived all the dust mud etc chucked at it, I fancy a smartphone but i know it just wouldnt survive :laugh1:

Just buy a smartphone and invest in a decent tough case such as an Otterbox or Griffin. Had my iPhone a year now and it's been dropped out of my pocket, skittled across the floor and bounced all over the show but the case has done its job. Still works like new.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just buy a smartphone and invest in a decent tough case such as an Otterbox or Griffin. Had my iPhone a year now and it's been dropped out of my pocket, skittled across the floor and bounced all over the show but the case has done its job. Still works like new.

I really, really don't like smart phones. I have an iPad that is with me all of the time, so a smart phone isn't required. I've not seen a smart phone yet that actually does a good job of being a phone.

I can't shout loud enough about staying away from sonim phones. I had one that I broke the outer screen on and then it had a major brain error and it ate batteries. Tried to exchange for a new one as their guarantee promises but it was such a PITA, eventually got one which stopped working within a so I bought an I phone which has lasted me ages in an otter box. An iPhone does so much more than any of the rugged phones.

Sent using my pudgy fingers on my phone.

I really, really don't like smart phones. I have an iPad that is with me all of the time, so a smart phone isn't required. I've not seen a smart phone yet that actually does a good job of being a phone.

Fair enough. So in theory, if all you need is something just to call people on (which you can actually do on an iPad I think) why don't you just get the cheapest piece of rubbish going and replace it when it breaks down or gets trashed? From what I've seen the tough phones are pretty expensive for what they are.

Another big + for samsung. I had a GT2710 and it went through the washing machine 3 times and still worked eventually the key pad got too dodgy and I couldn't see the screen for scratches so I now have a c3350 its an updated 2710.Works well and seems strong enough so far. Nick