Anxiety?

Paulfreebury

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for starting the thread Paul :001_cool:

Your not alone mate I think the adrenalin from climbing day in day out and the demands on our minds and bodies is a recipe for just this kind of situation.

I find as soon as I have a few days off I start to go from being pumped to feeling flat, its like going cold turkey:thumbdown:.

I try now when things go quiet to get a fix from exercise which either burns a chemical or releases one but stops me from feeling odd.

The last few months are a good example as the work has come in in fits and starts, one minute im worrying about the lack of work the next im in-undated, each job seems to have a hidden problem add the weather to it and Bobs your uncle.

Stick with it and use the thread to vent, just telling someone is a great way of releasing thoughts and hearing our own voice seems to put things in a far better perspective than the voice we have in our minds.

Im about as chilled out as I've ever been, not sure how I managed it as I have definatly been stressed in the past, and anxious.

I remember when I started working for myself and realised the responsibility I was taking on, to myself, my co workers and customers (and I suppose their trees) but I'm now very much more laid back, it will all be ok.

Get a rec climb sorted Paul, we need some ZZ action, but spring weather would be nice.

My answer is diametrically opposite to Steve's.

I worry increasingly about things.

The reason for this is that I've become aware that every year that passes is one year less in front of me.

Therefore, I feel if something goes badly wrong I'll be working harder with fewer years to catch up or set things straight.

I realise this is horribly pessimistic and I must try to correct this attitude. I'm actually going to correct my frame of mind by May.

Classic 'half empty glass' syndrome Al. Just turn the glass the other way up so it's half full.

when i cant sleep at night, instead of staring at the back of me eyelids with a head full of broken biscuits i read, i read a lot, in particularly stressful times i read till i pass out, the wife switches out the light and marks my place.

completely clears my head, i'm into the game of thrones series (7 books in total). fill your head with wars and fighting and shagging,

but not for everyone i expect.

Few older folks here saying they were stressed and now not. I think I am the same. You worry about money, your house, work, this, that and the other. But at some point you get past 40 and you kind of realise that it's all still here. All those worries and fears came to nothing and you still have a roof over your head.

You kept working hard and you kept paying the bills. I've just taken a company through a 3 year period where every day was life and death. I used everything I could and it was massive, really massive but now we pay the bills and its looking OK. You can't know unless you have been there.

All you need is a will to survive and you will find a way. There is always a way.

Never give up. Ever.

Classic 'half empty glass' syndrome Al. Just turn the glass the other way up so it's half full.

I know mate. I thought getting rid of my Unimog would be a huge relief but I've recently realised that I've acquired a new set of worries.

Stupid of me to let it happen but I did let it happen so I can fix it.

I'll just finish that bottle of vodka first!

😂

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App