Anxiety?

Paulfreebury

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im about as chilled out as I've ever been, not sure how I managed it as I have definatly been stressed in the past, and anxious.

I remember when I started working for myself and realised the responsibility I was taking on, to myself, my co workers and customers (and I suppose their trees) but I'm now very much more laid back, it will all be ok.

Get a rec climb sorted Paul, we need some ZZ action, but spring weather would be nice.

just a lot going on at the moment but always up for a climb. zz all the way!!

Not quite, but I've been talking to my wife and family a lot more about my worries, I've also had a consultation with a hypnotherapist, my first session starts tomorrow, I do feel more positive and I'm looking forward for the first time in months.

Hi Paul I am in the same boat . I find if I eat healthy and have a low sugar diet I feel better . As said before caffeine is a no no . Other than that long walks fishing and look after yourself and family and anything out of that circle is of no concern to you . All the best . Oh laugh a lot it does wonders :thumbup:

Respect to anyone who has enough bottle to ask for advice on such a personal matter on a public forum. I too have been down that road, but I suffered in silence without asking for help until I went to the GP's and had two six month courses of Citalopram- big mistake. Wish I'd gone down the hypnotherapy route. Hope all goes well for you Paul. It does go away, believe me, although at times it seems like it won't.

The same part of the brain causes anxiety and excitement. Sometimes its as simple as when your anxious thinking and saying out loud this is cool, amazing, things like that. I used to do it when i first started climbing sometimes id get really nervous when i was doing stuff for the first few times and doing this made it much easier in the head.

As for a lot of things i life you cannot do anything about so theres no need to stress if you do all you can then thats it, you cannot stress or try to work out why its just out of your hand.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Again Thankyou! to every single one of you for your advice and help, My family and i truly grateful. I hope that anyone else feeling as I and others on arbtalk have will read the advice given by everyone on this thread and know that they are not alone.