Anxiety?

Paulfreebury

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with anxiety? I've always been a bit of a worry guts, I worry about money, family and all the usual stuff. I have a wonderful wife and two amazing kids yet I always think the worst of every situation the last two days have been hell! I can't sleep, I can't eat, my stomach aches i feel nauseous, my head is swimming with negative thoughts last night I couldn't breath properly my heart was pounding and it scared the hell out of me. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this before I'm a jabbering wreck?????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's something we all do to differing degrees Paul.

Many aren't aware they are doing it, how many of us have laid in bed at night planning how we are going to deal with the dismantle of the big tree the next day or worry about how we are going to get a half decent shape out of the pigs ear of Mrs Smiths butchered tree.

Finding a pass time, hobby or anything to occupy you instead of sat doing nothing helps me

Go to the doctors, have a chat!

I was the same 3 months ago.

Then I went for some hypnotherapy, that's fantastic!

Take a look at the stress thread! You are not alone!

Be realistic, worrying a little keeps the bills paid and you protect your family BUT if you have an obsessive personality, it can get stressfull for everyone around you and yourself!

Learn your personality traits, learn to stop bad thoughts, that leads to thoughts on thoughts !

So you tie yourself in knots!

Try and do things to relax, for me it's work! It's organised, methodical and rewarding!

Sitting about the house, un stimulated drives me up the wall. Boredom is my enemy!!

Do something totally off the wall, something to break your mood!

Go and put a dress on and run around the garden and have a laugh, it won't kill you but it will be hilarious!!:lol:

I found its something that has lessened with time. I used to be pretty high strung a few years ago, specially at work, as Andy Collins would attest to. These days I actually hardly give a toss about anything.....very little phases me work wise.....but I dont know what the magic forumula is except for simply removing anything from your life that is causing negativity

I sometimes get this but its a lot less these days. I was on beta blockers a few years ago to combat this but in the end hypnotherapy worked. I can now fly again!! It really worked.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

If you have not had a complete physical of late make the time and have one done. Ruling out any physical issues in the first place will help you better formulate a plan to over come

your anxiety spells for now. The amount of stress and strain and how one deals with it depends on having a plan or Two on the books ready to implement. You don't seem shy so let your wife know what's going on so your both working off the same sheet of music.

Take care.

easy-lift guy

Go to the doctors, have a chat!

I was the same 3 months ago.

Then I went for some hypnotherapy, that's fantastic!

Take a look at the stress thread! You are not alone!

Be realistic, worrying a little keeps the bills paid and you protect your family BUT if you have an obsessive personality, it can get stressfull for everyone around you and yourself!

Learn your personality traits, learn to stop bad thoughts, that leads to thoughts on thoughts !

So you tie yourself in knots!

Try and do things to relax, for me it's work! It's organised, methodical and rewarding!

Sitting about the house, un stimulated drives me up the wall. Boredom is my enemy!!

Do something totally off the wall, something to break your mood!

Go and put a dress on and run around the garden and have a laugh, it won't kill you but it will be hilarious!!:lol:

And post the video:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, this is very good advice.

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with anxiety? I've always been a bit of a worry guts, I worry about money, family and all the usual stuff. I have a wonderful wife and two amazing kids yet I always think the worst of every situation the last two days have been hell! I can't sleep, I can't eat, my stomach aches i feel nauseous, my head is swimming with negative thoughts last night I couldn't breath properly my heart was pounding and it scared the hell out of me. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this before I'm a jabbering wreck?????

Err.... and you say you have just bought a new pistol on a section 5 (Brocock Pistol thread) :biggrin: