Eye Protection

gand

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried a few different glasses but the Bolles seem to be the best so far. Just seemed surprised Treequip that some posters were struggling to get safety glasses out of employers. I would have thought it was a given in PPE kit issue.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi tree I have pair of sawfly revision the us Military use them. There too mate and only £25 and they say they take shotgun blast from 5merters thanks jon

In the trees I wear Bugz exclusively. I have tried every type and style of saftey glasses, they all suck when I start to sweat. The Bug Eyes are the only glasses I have ever worn that keep sawdust out of the eyes and NEVER FOG UP.

As far as the screen goes I got the course version(Treestuff only offers the course version Wespur has both last time I checked) and after ten seconds I forget I have them on.

These things seriously rock....

Tree Stuff - Bugz Steel Mesh Goggles.

For ground work I buy cheapo sunglasses from the local gas station or saw shop whatever. I use the combo of the shades and a screen.

Edited by Grais

For anyone suffering from glasses / visors misting up , a light coat of washing up liquid works , it's a cheap solution to the problem and is easily stored in the van , also useful to was the cups after a mug of tea of coffee ;)

I wear specs anyway and have always found them useful for keeping things out of the eyes. I cant see (no pun intended) why anyone wouldn't use safety glasses and a visor - visor keeps big stuff out your face and specs keep dust out of your eyes.

If I go to a site that insists on safety specs or I'll be told to go home how does that fit with the need for me to wear my prescription specs?

If I go to a site that insists on safety specs or I'll be told to go home how does that fit with the need for me to wear my prescription specs?

Your employer should give you a voucher for prescription safety specs, they're not as cool as the wrap around ones but have transparent side wings and plastic prescription lenses.

In practice I've got away with a mesh visor and ordinary prescription glasses with plastic lenses (and a spare pair available)but I know the day will come when a site manager insists on the whole deal.

Your employer should give you a voucher for prescription safety specs, they're not as cool as the wrap around ones but have transparent side wings and plastic prescription lenses.

In practice I've got away with a mesh visor and ordinary prescription glasses with plastic lenses (and a spare pair available)but I know the day will come when a site manager insists on the whole deal.

Bolle do prescription inserts for the trackers and for a couple of others i think.

For anyone suffering from glasses / visors misting up , a light coat of washing up liquid works , it's a cheap solution to the problem and is easily stored in the van , also useful to was the cups after a mug of tea of coffee ;)

Unless of course you sweat so hard that your glasses are constantly soaked and running wet sweat into your eyeys. Sweat mixed with dishsoap, washed inbto the eyes, no thanks Ill pass. Im serious when I wear shades and run saw, its like the shades have a self cleaning system installed

I do use the soap and water to wash em up though, helps get that sticky pine and gooey shtuff of em.

PS: as for washing the coffee cups, with soap ?????

That is a cardinal sin using soap to wash coffee cups.

nothing I hate more, having to rinse the soapy taste out of my coffee mug. Me and the missus sorted this out a while ago....lol.

Now she just leaves my coffee cups alone and I deal with them myself...lol.

At least I dont have to deal with that soapy taste, that drives me batty.

Its the little things sometimes that send us over the edge.

Edited by Grais