Who is not qualified...?

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it required under HASAWA? And I thought the tickets were required to earn a payment of some description?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not at all! Hasawa is for employees. Nothing stopping a person going out to make a living lopping trees.

I will at some point get my tickets I dare say, its just finding a time when theres an available course at the time when I have the time and money to do it, I will have to look at spraying course again in the near future, as I think its from end of 2015 you will need to produce your ticket to purchase the chemical

Just got back to this.

JNewton, CS units aren't a prerequisite of valid insurance, as Rupe says the legality is more to do with employment.

To me they are like a driving licence, you start the real learning after you've passed your test.

I've seen some quality cutters with none, and some useless idiots with quite a few.

I've got most of the ones I need, and should really do a few more.

You never stop learning.

I shouldn't worry. I got mine but still didn't open many doors. They all wanted cscs cards.

Too true, these days as well as proving your a qualified tradesman, you now need add on's like cscs, 1st aid, asbestos awareness, where the hell will it end. I'm quite happy making gates, animal houses etc in my garage if i could earn enough.

I will at some point get my tickets I dare say, its just finding a time when theres an available course at the time when I have the time and money to do it, I will have to look at spraying course again in the near future, as I think its from end of 2015 you will need to produce your ticket to purchase the chemical

You currently need tickets or a registered chemical store for certain professional pesticides such as aluminium phosphide or fungicides

I was meaning herbicides as thats what I use, already have PA1, did it 20 years ago at college, although last time I enquired about spraying course I was told would probably have to do it again :sneaky2:

PA1 is sufficient enough for herbicides, and you shouldn't have to retake PA1 for PA6