SRT Q & A's Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the best way to retrieve the climbing line from either running bowline and alphine butterfly with out only using half the length of climbing hope this makes sense

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hey mate, I've only just started with srt but one thing I've done to give the full lenth of rope is to tie my alpine butterfly at the spliced end and leave a small tail then clip my throwline/throwbag into the splice, then I can choke it off with the rest of the climbing line free and pull on the the throwline for retrieval, hope that makes sense! I should ad tho that I'm only at the access stage at the moment, and only doin this to keep it outta my way when I'm on the way up, dunno if it would be sturdy enof for work positioning situations with branches raining down!

right bought my wrench on friday had a play over the weekend .first decent tree today large beech thin ,got on really well,only thing i cant get my head round is .i put the throw line in ,then base tie, the problem i then had was i wanted to go higher but that meant pulling all the rope up and passing over a higher point.but what if ineed to throw it do i take everything of throw then reattach.or am i missing a trick

I think the questions been answered fully so all thats left to say is Welcome to the SRT club and if you want more info come to jonsies show as theres a shed load of srt setups being shown.

right bought my wrench on friday had a play over the weekend .first decent tree today large beech thin ,got on really well,only thing i cant get my head round is .i put the throw line in ,then base tie, the problem i then had was i wanted to go higher but that meant pulling all the rope up and passing over a higher point.but what if ineed to throw it do i take everything of throw then reattach.or am i missing a trick

One thing I'd add to the answers so far. If you're on a base anchor, then continuing up to a higher PSP, but don't want to load that with double forces;

Take a bight to tie your psp, so that you're only tied in there, not loaded on the base side. Work the tree using single forces on your PSP, descend and retrieve your rope from the base anchor, simples.

Retrievable double anchors with single loading:thumbup1:

One thing I'd add to the answers so far. If you're on a base anchor, then continuing up to a higher PSP, but don't want to load that with double forces;

Take a bight to tie your psp, so that you're only tied in there, not loaded on the base side. Work the tree using single forces on your PSP, descend and retrieve your rope from the base anchor, simples.

Retrievable double anchors with single loading:thumbup1:

Next time you do that, would it be possible for you to take a pic please?