SRT Q & A's Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I made the transition that's how I found things. I also had strained forearms because I was trying to climb in a ddrt style and pull myself back in on limbs. Once I realised the issue I focused on changing my style, to aim to use the benefits of Srt, not fight against them. Hope it works out for you

right bought my wrench on friday had a play over the weekend .first decent tree today large beech thin ,got on really well,only thing i cant get my head round is .i put the throw line in ,then base tie, the problem i then had was i wanted to go higher but that meant pulling all the rope up and passing over a higher point.but what if ineed to throw it do i take everything of throw then reattach.or am i missing a trick

Gerbutt, I did at first but now I don't. Just keep mindful of how to improve technique.

Also like Dan Curtis said. I had pumped arms at first as I tried to leave my DdRT technique behind. It takes a while but the rewards are worth it.

Nice one dude 👍. What you and dan say rings very true, I will really try and think srt tomorrow! Can't wait to click with it and in the mean time it's great having no added friction 😃

right bought my wrench on friday had a play over the weekend .first decent tree today large beech thin ,got on really well,only thing i cant get my head round is .i put the throw line in ,then base tie, the problem i then had was i wanted to go higher but that meant pulling all the rope up and passing over a higher point.but what if ineed to throw it do i take everything of throw then reattach.or am i missing a trick

I'd suggest getting your throwline to your top anchor from the ground if you want to base tie. But keep in mind the forces exerted on you PSP when using a base tie.

If your concerned the PSP you need won't cope with a base tie, then isolate your TIP and choker your line to it!:thumbup1:

And if you want to retrieve your line from the ground attach a throwline to the bowline/anchor ring so you can pull it back down when your done.

Sorry dude, getting carried away. PSP = primary suspension point.

I'd have to see the tree to know exactly how you could get around it. A big shot could be the answer to your problems. It'll get your throwline miles up and is real accurate (depending on the user).

My last resort would be to DdRT it to the top and re-attach your wrench once your tied in.

Hope that's of some use.

Just throw a night of rope over you don't have to pull the whole line over till your ready to work. Also you can set how much tail you have before you climb. One of the great advantages of srt is you can climb a 40 foot tree with a 200 foot rope using only what you need. In ddrt a 200 foot rope in a 40 foot tree is a pain in the arse.