SRT Q & A's Thread

For what its worth, I usually have a spliced e2e with a biner on my back. Works as a redirect, or a vt above the device for 3:1 or to use a second system by pulling up the tail(never needed to though). I also have a redirect lyon sling that doubles as a chest harness same as dan was saying.:001_tongue:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like having too much stuff on my harness, so I will use a byte of the line to tie a Clove hitch or similar so that I can adjust the tension on the support side.

Dave

Keeps things simple. Will give that a try thanks Dave:thumbup1:

I don't like having too much stuff on my harness, so I will use a byte of the line to tie a Clove hitch or similar so that I can adjust the tension on the support side.

Dave

Maybe I'm being dumb, I have created a picture in my head of this but there's no way it will work.

Can anyone provide a photo of it please.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Maybe I'm being dumb, I have created a picture in my head of this but there's no way it will work.

Can anyone provide a photo of it please.

I wouldn't mind one of Ewan's ring as well.

So to speak.... :laugh1:

Old mill, Take a long bight of rope.. Imagine its just the plain end of rope and tie a clove hitch around the branch. Lock it off with a couple of half hitches. Thats my understand of what dave is saying. Worcs, He has a ring loop, girth hitch it. Pop a bight of your climbing line through the ring and clip a biner into the bight. With that setup you could tie and alpine with the bight through the ring so as to just load the redirect only. Good thinking Ewan!

I use a ring spliced onto a loop then push a bight through the ring a clip a krab into the bight to jam it in. Works well and releases with one hand.

That sounds good to me. Quick, easy and very adjustable.

It sounds the same as the Treemagineers Sirius ringLOOP. Am I right?