hse inspection

treesuggs

Just to be clear- if they find nothing wrong, you don't have to pay.

I'm assuming they ALWAYS find something wrong.

Since Turning into a self funding organisation we have had 2 visits! Both times they have fined us! Both IMO very harsh, but to be expected as they have to justify thier worth now!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will stay until they get some pay probably. Lets face it things go wrong you work round them. A bulb has to stop working at some point for instance.

£124 per hour I think is blatantly disgusting, I'd only do a mornings work a week if I run that kind of enterprise.

Tools of trade

Tape measure

Camera phone

ppe

Clipboard

Pen

scarry so any random disgrunteled person could ping a call to the hse and thats it its a blank cheque oppitunity for a profit making outfit.

If we where out there doing this it would be on the next rogue traders "rant rant"

I know its not that simple but there is so so much of these organizasions that are ment to police industry and standards etc it all seems like taxes to me

scarry so any random disgrunteled person could ping a call to the hse and thats it its a blank cheque oppitunity for a profit making outfit.

If we where out there doing this it would be on the next rogue traders "rant rant"

I know its not that simple but there is so so much of these organizasions that are ment to police industry and standards etc it all seems like taxes to me

Well things might have changed but 2 years ago I called them when a gang of fools dropped a tree into live traffic narowly missing cars, people and more importantly me, they said they could come out next Tuesday......

Well things might have changed but 2 years ago I called them when a gang of fools dropped a tree into live traffic narowly missing cars, people and more importantly me, they said they could come out next Tuesday......

Yeah but with £750 on the table they will be there in 15 minutes :biggrin:

Had no idea HSE are private organisation now :/

This may sound stupid, but do HSE mainly involve themselves with larger firms on bigger sites? Or do the "target" us domestic sector guys aswell?

I know of them and what they do, but have never had dealings with them....

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Decided to do a bit of digging as I had not heard this before, although I new that various Quango's are starting to operate this way. After trawling through a lot of irrelevant information came across the Fee for Intervention (FFI) pages. Worth a look at and the associated links if you want to know more about this potentially lucrative visit from the HSE.

Decided to do a bit of digging as I had not heard this before, although I new that various Quango's are starting to operate this way. After trawling through a lot of irrelevant information came across the Fee for Intervention (FFI) pages. Worth a look at and the associated links if you want to know more about this potentially lucrative visit from the HSE.

So it's likely you get a charge especially as they go through your entire business. Thats probably as it should be although the rate has been set too high. They are there to protect and serve. In reality they may end up like the litter police targetting the fag butt droppers in this industry. Let's call un LOLER'ed kit the fag butt equivalent. I see this as an opportunity to set them on all the local cowboys. But would I do it. Hmmm....................