Busy Fools

Essex arborist

Busy Fools

It seems there are a lot of people out there doing silly prices whether they're new to the industry or just haven't a clue I'm amazed at some of the figures I'm hearing for a 3 man gang (climber x2 & ground x1) truck, chipper and equipment £200 per day! That's the road to ruin and drives the industry into the ground!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have recently up'd my prices to try and shake off being a busy fool. Must admit that after a very quiet December and January it was hard to resist dropping prices again. There are so many pop up firms about now (most of them are the door knocker types). One village near me now has three resident tree surgery firms.

Busy Fools

It seems there are a lot of people out there doing silly prices whether they're new to the industry or just haven't a clue I'm amazed at some of the figures I'm hearing for a 3 man gang (climber x2 & ground x1) truck, chipper and equipment £200 per day! That's the road to ruin and drives the industry into the ground!

Let them do it! I dont compete with fools! I have my running costs and they are what they are. It would end up costing me money at those prices. I dont want to work for people that want you to work for nothing! My clients pay for my skill and professionalism.:thumbup:

Have recently up'd my prices to try and shake off being a busy fool. Must admit that after a very quiet December and January it was hard to resist dropping prices again. There are so many pop up firms about now (most of them are the door knocker types). One village near me now has three resident tree surgery firms.

I did the busy fool thing for a while . Then was shown the error of my ways .

Same here lots of new companies about :thumbdown:

That is literally self employment

NOT business if folks want to work for £65 a day and provide their own gear equipment vehicles and machines then they are mad

£65 a day £8.13 per hour minus income Tax & running costs, depreciation and maintenance

get their phone number they can subbie in for you at those prices Lol:thumbup:

I have to say it goes from one extreme to the other just heard of a company charging £800 a day plus vat (£960) for a 3 man gang etc now that's where I'd rather be with my guys. Sounds crazy but when you consider decent Arb truck & chipper £50k, climbing kits & inspections, insurance, saws & equipment - that's before you look at basic mans wages for skilled & unskilled staff. I know from bitter experience staff damage tools & trucks so you've got to factor replacement gear into the equation too. Food for thought!