dodgey saws

hedgesparrow

after having a visit from a gentleman from Ireland selling chainsaws. and fake ones on e bay. farm sales are coming up. and with the amount of them about.if you do go to a sale keep your eyes out as more than likely the fakes will be in the action for sale. can sometimes get a good buy on a genuine saw. but with them about it will be looking for the fakes from the real ones. hate to see someone part with money only to find they have a Chinese saw and with auctions buyer beware once bid and won its your lot no come back:blushing:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Just had , this afternoon , a thickset Irish man with an even thicker accent knocking on my door asking if I wanted to buy cheap Stihl chainsaws also generators . Someone had told him were I live FFS !!!! . He was driving a very new Mitsubishi ( i think ) silver grey pickup .

Just had , this afternoon , a thickset Irish man with an even thicker accent knocking on my door asking if I wanted to buy cheap Stihl chainsaws also generators . Someone had told him were I live FFS !!!! . He was driving a very new Mitsubishi ( i think ) silver grey pickup .

Keep your doors firmly locked from now on mate:thumbdown:

The Irish are always doing this, some Irish t--t asked me if I wanted to buy a genuine stihl chainsaw from a shop that went bankrupt, what a load of crap he wanted £350 for 2 and I just laughed at him, so then he said how much will u pay so I said £100 for the 2 and walked off, and then he said ok, I never bought anything from the Irish, but I thought £100 for 2 chainsaws can't be bad, but I know one thing they are definitely not stihl because I've got the ms362 and they're nothing like it, Chinese copy no doubt

I find it really disappointing that you chose to buy.

Yes its 50 quid a saw but you are encouraging this guy to carry on selling this knock off crap.

If its genuine (almost certainly not) its most likely stolen but more likely as you mention, its a chinese rip off.

These saws are great if you have a few cuts to make or want a back up saw to to your main saws but of course these things are cheap for a reason. They are made from inferior quality materials.

Im damn sure that i would not want to place trust in what has the potential to be a dangerous product. something that is not tested by the manufacturer and they couldnt give a toss about your wellbeing as there will be no come back to them.

But its a free country! Just about so your call.

Shame about the almost certainly used child labour that was involved in its manufacture and the mob money laundering that goes with it.

Stay safe.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I find it really disappointing that you chose to buy.

Yes its 50 quid a saw but you are encouraging this guy to carry on selling this knock off crap.

If its genuine (almost certainly not) its most likely stolen but more likely as you mention, its a chinese rip off.

These saws are great if you have a few cuts to make or want a back up saw to to your main saws but of course these things are cheap for a reason. They are made from inferior quality materials.

Im damn sure that i would not want to place trust in what has the potential to be a dangerous product. something that is not tested by the manufacturer and they couldnt give a toss about your wellbeing as there will be no come back to them.

But its a free country! Just about so your call.

Shame about the almost certainly used child labour that was involved in its manufacture and the mob money laundering that goes with it.

Stay safe.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

also think its a shame:confused1:

if you encourage these rogues ... well what goes around comes around. I guess you're hoping not to you.:sneaky2:

Not you but the other guy

Edited by likeitorlumpit
to avoid confusion