Big Snatch

Ewan Murray

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that rope was never gonna hold that timber, there would've been near 25 ton of weight as it hit the rigging, it fell a good 12 feet before it locked up then the rope snapped. Factor in weakening effect of the bend radius of the loaded rope as well and the 25 ton breaking strength is severely diminished.

As a workshop it was totally pointless as an advert for an arb equipment supplier it would make me doubt their judgement when it came to asking for advice re rigging.

It was a waste of a good opportunity to display some proper negative blocking using proper arb rigging gear.

It just showed they didn't know what they were doing.:001_huh:

The minute I saw that big shackle I thought, there goes half their rope strength, and then tying it round all those trees ha ha!!:laugh1:

The only time I have ever seen a big rope snap was watching a similar crew in Auckland taking a limb off a big Gum, they did the exact same thing, the limb dropped about 15feet, kertwang!! The limb took out a brand new wall and I bet they are still trying to get the big knot off the tow bar of their Yute with a plug key and hammer:lol:

that rope was never gonna hold that timber, there would've been near 25 ton of weight as it hit the rigging, it fell a good 12 feet before it locked up then the rope snapped. Factor in weakening effect of the bend radius of the loaded rope as well and the 25 ton breaking strength is severely diminished.

As a workshop it was totally pointless as an advert for an arb equipment supplier it would make me doubt their judgement when it came to asking for advice re rigging.

It was a waste of a good opportunity to display some proper negative blocking using proper arb rigging gear.

spot on Tim agree with you 100% mate:thumbup1: