RBS 6 Nations Rugby

PeteB

Utter nonsense! do you think whenever people talk about footy after a while the subject drifts to " oh isn't it a better game than Rugby"

No of course not 'cos they don't have to, it's self evident, more people play it and watch it worldwide.

I like Rugby well enough, it has it's charms but if Messi and co were on the other channel....

"Charms"! It is the best game in the world!

I don't agree with the comment that there's no cheating in Rugby. Believe me, there is - I played it competitively for 15 years but it's not as blatant as the over acted swan dives or the rolling round holding your face after a ball is kicked at your legs!

Football is a easy game to play. With a ball and jumpers you can have a kick around in break time at school and most of the time go back in with uniform in tact. Thats why it's poplar.

It's also uncomplicated. With the exception of one off-side rule that some people find hard to understand, it is a very simple game - I heard that there is more rules in rugby to govern the lineout than there is in the whole of football.

I think that football's an ok sport. The things i really don't like about the game are:

The cheesy acting.

The abuse to the officials.

The ridicules wages that are demanded at top level.

And the crowd violence. If you don't think it's there anymore then take the separating fences out and send the policemen home and see what happens.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like draughts and backgammon.

Everyone can play draughts given a quick lesson but backgammon takes mastering and tactics. Many rugby players don't fully understand the rules.

I don't understand why football fans think their game is better. It's just different. It's not about numbers either. Ask yourself what is the most sold food in the UK takeaway- got to be McDonalds= doesn't make it the best food though. It's just easy. You know what you're getting and don't have to think too hard.

I rarely put a football game in my diary but I do enjoy watching sometimes especially Chelsea v Wolves the other week= brilliant. I think it's because I don't support a team. That drives the passion. Whereas rugby..well it has to be Tigers.

If it winds you up when rugby supporters come out with the same stuff it's probably because it's true and probably because they know it winds you up. But you see, we're a minority and we can say these things.:001_smile:

Utter nonsense! do you think whenever people talk about footy after a while the subject drifts to " oh isn't it a better game than Rugby"

No of course not 'cos they don't have to, it's self evident, more people play it and watch it worldwide.

I like Rugby well enough, it has it's charms but if Messi and co were on the other channel....

Ok . Each to his own . I don't care what you watch to be honest . I like 15 a side and it suits me . I don't want to fall out with any one over it . life is too short ....:biggrin:

Tigers. Currently down half the first team to play 6 nations!

Top team!

Twelvetrees' nickname when he played for Tigers was "36". The captain was Geordan Murphy who is Irish, when he shouted his name it came out like 12 3s! Class act!

Tigers. Currently down half the first team to play 6 nations!

Top team!

Twelvetrees' nickname when he played for Tigers was "36". The captain was Geordan Murphy who is Irish, when he shouted his name it came out like 12 3s! Class act!

Doesn't say much for Cockerill's coaching ability when Twelvetrees could hardly get a start at Tigers (constantly overlooked for Staunton, FFS!) then moves to Gloucester, becomes first choice and walks straight in to the England set-up.:blushing:

Cracking 1st round of matches, more to come then Lions in the summer!

I think rugby lost all moral high ground after that affair a couple of years back with the guy smuggling a joke shop blood capsule in his sock!

I enjoy watching top rugby union but the trouble is it's all too much of a closed shop, too cosy. I really want to see a second tier 6 Nations, with countries like Georgia, Romania, Portugal, etc. and promotion/relegation between. And yes, that means Scotland would most likely end up going down but how refreshing for us to have the chance to win a few games and to get the opportunity to travel to Lisbon, Bucharest, the capital of Georgia(?), etc, and it would surely broaden the sport's appeal internationally.

Cracking 1st round of matches, more to come then Lions in the summer!

I think rugby lost all moral high ground after that affair a couple of years back with the guy smuggling a joke shop blood capsule in his sock!

I enjoy watching top rugby union but the trouble is it's all too much of a closed shop, too cosy. I really want to see a second tier 6 Nations, with countries like Georgia, Romania, Portugal, etc. and promotion/relegation between. And yes, that means Scotland would most likely end up going down but how refreshing for us to have the chance to win a few games and to get the opportunity to travel to Lisbon, Bucharest, the capital of Georgia(?), etc, and it would surely broaden the sport's appeal internationally.

Funny you should say that; I was thinking yesterday how good for the sport to make it The Seven Nations - Hungary next I guess - but that would involve too many matches on top of club duties. Your idea's better; a European league. Good one.