New Meindl boots

Marc

I was so happy the day the boss bought me these boots, reason I was so happy was because I didn't have to WASTE my money on boots that are the exact same as walking around with two bridge stone tires on your feet for an entire day. They are crap for insulation during cold months, not one bit water proof and about as rigid and creaky as a thousand year old pirate ship. I find the rubber grips too close together so if working around any muck or even small stones everything gets stuck in the grips. EVERYTHING! Up the tree I find the boots are too bulky and too stiff to move with little grip.

Absolutely no way I would recommend these to anyone.

Rant over.

Up ye go!!!! 3f5c693a720bbcfcccfb4c7802f7de11.jpg

They are hands down categorically THE worst ever pair of boots I have EVER had the misfortune to own.
I quickly relegated them to light duties at home in the garden but even then the grip was non existent and they cut the circulation off in my toes
I binned them still with plenty of wear left in them......and that action alone was the best experience of owning these dreadful boots.
  • Like 1

I've had about 5 pairs of meindl woodwalker Pro. Loved them,  mega comfy but the pair I have now dropped to bits after about 3months. The side rubber that join the sole to the boot upper has just peeled down. Really disappointed and won't buy again. 

I think we pay too much for boots. It may be me being a tight Yorkshire man but if we had to pay vat then these boots would all be at least breaking £200. That in my opinion should mean a product that lasts longer than a year. 

Jim

I've had about 5 pairs of meindl woodwalker Pro. Loved them,  mega comfy but the pair I have now dropped to bits after about 3months. The side rubber that join the sole to the boot upper has just peeled down. Really disappointed and won't buy again. 

I think we pay too much for boots. It may be me being a tight Yorkshire man but if we had to pay vat then these boots would all be at least breaking £200. That in my opinion should mean a product that lasts longer than a year. 

Jim
Hi Jim.

In Ireland these boots are €350. Heartbreaking stuff. I would never own another pair

They are hands down categorically THE worst ever pair of boots I have EVER had the misfortune to own.
I quickly relegated them to light duties at home in the garden but even then the grip was non existent and they cut the circulation off in my toes
I binned them still with plenty of wear left in them......and that action alone was the best experience of owning these dreadful boots.
Awesome description. Loved reading that treerover. I wouldn't take another pair again
  • Like 1

I had a couple of pairs of Airstreams.  They were a step up from the Haix I had been using.

I've since been using Andrews Cervino and they're a world apart.  Comfiest boot I've worn.  They're like putting on a pair of favourite socks.  I've got canny wide feet and the fit is spot on for me.  Plus Vibram soles which means you can get them re-soled when they get worn out.

Horses for courses on this then.They are an extemremely popular boot and can be seen on many Tree Surgeon's feet.

And a lot of people eat McDonald’s but that sure don’t make it good food !!!!

I wouldn’t wear them if I was paid an extra £50 a day.....I found them borderline dangerous .
But as you say, horses for courses and we are all different ......but I am simply baffled with 20 years climbing past me that people can find these boots grippy ??? Comfort I accept is relative to the end user .